A Night of Mistakes

Setting: pre-Caraval, during the month Julian arrived on Trisda, the third part of "Falling For The Sailor" (aka third part of Doughnuts and New Beginnings)
Inspiration: the song "The Schuyler Sisters" and "Helpless" from the musical "Hamilton"

"Falling For The Sailor"
3/5

The heels of Scarlett's and Tella's shoes made satisfying clicks on the paved pathway as they strode through town. Their father was on a business trip, and his daughters were relishing the freedom they were provided for the few days he was gone.

"Please consider what I'm about to suggest, don't just discard it because you think it's risky," Tella started.

"Oh, no. I already don't like this," Scarlett said wearily.

"We should go to the club," Tella suggested hopefully.

"You're kidding." Scarlett looked at Tella with an unamused expression.

"No, I'm not. We have the perfect dresses for it, and father isn't here to catch us."

"There are other people who can catch us, Tella. If he finds out-"

"I'll find a way to blame you," she smiled carelessly.

"That's the exact opposite of what I want, Tella. I'd rather be the one who receives punishment, Father won't do something that bad considering my wedding is very soon."

"My birthday is in a few weeks, this could be like an early birthday present," Tella urged, ignoring Scarlett's wishes.

Scarlett shifted her weight between her two feet nervously. Maybe if they stayed an hour, no harm done. She could handle a punishment if her father did catch her, he wouldn't dare cancel the wedding over something so small. He needed this marriage almost as much as Scarlett did.

"Fine, but we stay for one hour. That's it," Scarlett gave in.

"I have the perfect dress for you, Scar. You won't regret going out tonight!" Tella said excitedly.

Scarlett had a feeling she would regret that night.

🖤❤️🌟🎩🌟❤️🖤

"This dress... with these shoes... and this dazzling necklace." Tella laid out a risky sleeveless red dress with a black waist corset,  along with black heels and a silver chunky necklace.

"I can't wear that dress!" Scarlett gasped while looking at the beautiful dress with a plunging neckline.

"Why? It's your size."

"It reveals so much, and I'm engaged."

"It barely reveals anything, and you always use that excuse." Tella rummaged through her closet until she pulled out a dark blue dress with puffy short sleeves and a sweetheart neckline. "That dress will get all of the boys turning their heads at you."

"Again, that's the exact opposite of what I want," Scarlett sighed.

"Well, you can't dance by yourself." Tella gave her an incredulous look.

If Scarlett loved Tella one tiny bit less than she did, she wouldn't have put on the dress. But Scarlett loved Tella with her whole heart, and the dress was gorgeous. She picked up the items Tella set out and headed to change behind the dressing screen.

"I knew you'd love it," Tella said before changing into her dress too.

When Scarlett had gotten into her dress, she had to admit she did love it. She just wished it was a little more appropriate.