birthday boy

Inspo: a req for a scarlian picnic scene

If you follow me you would know that I was writing a really long angsty one-shot when Wattpad decided to delete it lol. I took it as a sign to make a fluffy one instead.

Warning: the beginning of this one shot is smutty and steamy. If you want to skip to the picnic scene, just scroll until you find the emoji page break <3 (the picnic scene just has some tension and fluff, you don't need to read the first part to understand anything)

     The morning started off unusual. When Julian awoke, Scarlett was already awake. In fact, she had been the one to wake him up. She peppered kisses down his jaw and neck, which Julian would not complain about whatsoever. She could have woken him up at two in the morning like that and he would have been perfectly content.

     But usually, Scarlett always woke up after him. At least an hour later. Now, Julian was still seated in their bed but blindfolded. Scarlett told him she would be back shortly, to keep the blindfold on while he waited for her to return. He was tempted to take it off, but it was rather peaceful.

     His other senses dialed up because of his lack of sight, Julian heard the minute Scarlett walked in the door. "Finally. I started to think you forgot about me, Crimson."

When she didn't respond, Julian feared for a moment that it wasn't Scarlett who walked in their bedroom. But the person who had entered his chambers walked closer, and there was a dip in the bed until they straddled his lap. And Julian knew immediately by the weight of her body, the feel of her hands brushing his arms, that it was, in fact, his wife.

His arms wrapped around her waist, while Scarlett's hands roamed up his bare chest. Desire pooled in his stomach as she continued to touch him. Her head moved until her breath tickled his ear.

"You're keeping a secret," Scarlett whispered before nibbling on his ear lobe.

Julian had to restrain the rogue sigh that left his mouth. How did she find out about that? There was no way she could have known.

"From you? Never," Julian teased, hands moving to touch her back. Scarlett's nightgown had a low back, and oh her skin was smooth. "Can I take off my blindfold now? I want to see your gorgeous face."

"Not yet," Scarlett replied with an edge of seductiveness to her voice. Her hands grabbed Julian's wrists from behind her, and pinned them to either side of him.

Oh. This was new.

Julian typically took the lead in the bedroom, gently guiding Scarlett to a new way of professing love. They had only been married a few weeks, and she was still new to everything.

But now? Now Scarlett was taking control, and dead saints, Julian was thoroughly enjoying every second. Lust seemed to light up every sense Julian had. He couldn't think straight. He wanted her to-

Julian moaned, throwing his head back against the headrest of their bed. Scarlett began to grind her hips against his, and curse everything, they were both still clothed. Julian tried to move his hands, he needed her.

But Scarlett pressed harder on his hands. While Julian knew if he really wanted to, he could rip free from her grasp. He just grinned as she kept his hands pinned down.

The way her hips kept moving against his sent goosebumps everywhere, igniting something deep in Julian. He pressed his lips together, containing another groan.

Scarlett stopped abruptly, and Julian huffed in frustration, missing the sensation.

"That wasn't very kind, Crimson."