crimson lips

this is legit just pure fluff of Julian admiring his wife. it's kinda short but figured everyone could use some tooth rotting fluff instead of my usual angst.

Julian watched her from the doorway of their chambers. Scarlett sat in front of a vanity, having just done her makeup considering her back was to the mirror. She was drinking a cup of tea with a book in her lap, and Julian took in her appearance while she was distracted.

She wore a dark red sleeveless dress that bordered on scandalous, the swell of her breasts highlighted with the low cut of the dress. Julian's eyes rested there for a heartbeat before following his gaze down the tight fitted bodice that was embedded with jewels. It ended in a full skirt that took up a quarter of the room and pooled around while she was sitting down.

Her symbolic tiara rested upon her brown hair, and Julian noted how her hair looked as soft as silk. He welcomed the urge to run his fingers through it, imagining knotting his hands into it as he pulled his Crimson in for a kiss. There was a thin amount of black kohl that lined her lashes, making the hazel of her eyes appear a little more green.

Scarlett's red painted lips jutted into a pout, and once again Julian fantasized about capturing her pout with his mouth and turning it into a smile. As if she could read his thoughts, Scarlett looked up from her book and seen Julian leaning against the doorframe. Her whole expression brightened and something warm filled Julian knowing he was the reason for it.

She set her tea down on the vanity behind her, and while she did, Julian walked over and spun her around, giving into his urges to kiss her. Scarlett gasped into the kiss, sending Julian's thoughts absolutely feral. He let his fingers weave through her silky hair and hummed in appreciation at how soft it felt. Scarlett's hands ran up his chest, leaving little sparks everywhere. One hand stayed at his shoulder while the other drifted up his neck, palm smoothing over his Adam's apple. Julian couldn't help the moan that escaped his mouth as her hand trailed around to rest at the nape of his neck.

Their lips separated, and their heavy breathing mixed, filling up the room.

"Why, hello, Crimson," Julian murmured, and Scarlett's mouth pressed into a line. He was confused at first, until she burst out laughing.

Heat crawled up his neck, wondering if he did something wrong. Why was she laughing after they just kissed? Julian often never left room for embarrassment, but in vulnerable moments like this...

"Your lips," Scarlett said in between deep breaths, trying to steady herself. "They're smudged... with... my lipstick!"

Julian breathed in relief, embarrassment fleeing as quick as it had came. She stepped out of the way so he could see his reflection in the vanity. A smile crept on his face too as he regarded the red that smeared on and below his lower lip.

She stood behind him, gaze fixed upon him in the mirror. He watched her through their reflection as her thumb rubbed away the red from his face. When she finished, she threw her arms around his shoulders, resting her head against his neck.

Scarlett looked like a goddess in her regal attire. Although, she looked like more of one while her figure was bare and on top of him...

Julian blinked those thoughts away, focusing on the sound of their synced breathing. He tried to ignore his instinct to worship her, but it was only magnified as she pressed a quick kiss to his neck.

She spun him around like he did to her earlier. "Your tie is crooked." Her expression became focused as she fixed it for him.

And while she did, Julian's thoughts centred around one thing: love. While sex was a way of expressing love for each other physically, it alone was not love. This was. The soft expression on Scarlett's face as she fixed something as minuscule as his tie for him without hesitation. The way Julian's heart beat at a rapid pace whenever she was around. The simple, intimate moments that existed between just the two of them. Love was the urges to do anything to see that breath taking grin on her face again. Love was Scarlett. It was as if she embodied it.

"You know, it's really hard not to rip that dress off of you this second," Julian whispered, and Scarlett rolled her eyes.

"Come on, my love. If we don't leave now, we're going to be late." Scarlett pulled her magical gloves that Julian had sewed off of the vanity and onto her hands. They immediately turned into a matching deep red satin of her gown, and extended all the way to her elbows.

"Crimson, if we leave now, we'll be twenty minutes early."

"I know, but if we leave later, we'll be late for being early. It's important for the empress to always make a good impression on her people, and always be there for them, especially since..."

Scarlett's speech blurred into itself as she rambled about the importance of good impressions. Her speech pace was too quick for him to decipher, and he laughed, taking her gloved hands in his.

"Crimson?" Julian asked.

Scarlett's eyebrows shot up, giving him the most innocent expression he had ever seen.

"I love you." Julian kissed her forehead, avoiding her red lips this time.

A crimson blush tainted her cheeks. Her voice was soft and gentle, and reached out to caress the deepest parts of Julian's heart and soul. "I love you too."