soft

setting: post-finale
inspo: "you're really soft"
a/n: I love bed scenes so much•I like to write them a lot :)

     There was an insurmountable change that had occurred in Julian Santos's life within a matter of three months. He could not begin to fathom how three months ago, he woke up every day hating himself and what he had become, to never being more happy than he was right now.

     And it was all because of the girl sleeping beside him.

     Julian couldn't help but admire Scarlett as she slept, sun beams illuminating her bare skin to shine like gold. After a few weeks, the gray streak in her hair from Caraval that she had cut grew back, and Julian smiled. She was his. He was hers.

     Her brown hair fanned out underneath her head, and Scarlett turned in her sleep, now facing him. Julian had to suppress a laugh; there could be a million people screaming in the palace and Scarlett Dragna would sleep right through it. She never woke up unless she was ready to.

     And it seemed she was ready then, because her eyes fluttered open revealing her beautiful hazel eyes.

     Saints, Julian loved her.

     "G'morning," Scarlett slurred through a yawn, stretching out before turning directly on her side, expecting a cuddle.

     And Julian was more than happy to oblige.

     He wrapped his arms around her, bringing her body close. She buried her nose in his neck, and Julian traced circles along her bare back. He wanted to stay like that all day.

     His hand trailed up to cradle her head, and eventually his fingers played with her hair.

     "Your hair is really soft," he murmured, and Scarlett giggled against his neck.

     How did a woman like her say yes to a proposal from a man like him?

     "How long until we get married?" She asked.

     "Twenty-seven days," Julian replied. He had been counting down ever since they set a date.

     "Twenty-seven days," Scarlett repeated. She pulled back enough to look him in the eye. "You're sure you don't want to run away yet?"

     "And why would I want that, Crimson?"

     Scarlett shrugged. "This ruling stuff is... well, it's a lot. I don't want you to regret your choice."

     Julian's hand cupped her face. "Crimson, I will never regret my choice. All I could ever want is you."

     "I love you," she whispered.

     Julian kissed her forehead. "I love you too."

     Scarlett paused a brief moment, as if looking for words to say. "Do you want kids someday?"

      "I..." Truthfully, Julian had never really thought about it before. He thought he would always be following his brother around and never have time for kids. Yet somehow, he knew the answer. "With you, yes."

     "Me too. I think it would be cute having a little you running around the palace."

     Julian laughed deeply into her hair. "Our little prince or princess."

     Scarlett poked his nose. "You're the soft one, Santos."

     Julian kissed her nose in response. Someday, they would grow a family together. But for now, his Crimson was more than enough.

     She would always be enough.