Crimson Skies and Lies, I do

Setting: post-Finale
Inspiration: a prompt/request from @JuneDanielIparis (A wedding/night/honeymoon)

Stay in your seats, ladies, gentlemen and gentlepersons, this oneshot is a long one!

Scarlett clenched and unclenched her hands not wanting to wipe her sweaty palms on her beautiful wedding dress. She looked over herself in the mirror trying to find any last-minute imperfections that she needed to fix. Her large, white gown had a tight bodice and a pouffy skirt that pooled from just above her belly button. Red flowers were weaved into her half-up-do, making her look freshly picked from a fairytale.

"Scar." Tella placed her hands on her sister's shoulders, appearing in the mirror, "You look beautiful. Everything looks elegant and breathtaking."

The butterflies in Scarlett's stomach seemed to slow and she let out a small laugh, "I'm getting married."

"You're getting married," Tella repeated with a proud smile, "I'm so happy for you."

A grin erupted on Scarlett's face and she turned away from the mirror, "I can't wait to see Julian - to marry him - I don't think I've ever been as sure of anything as I am of me and him."

As if on cue, a knock rasped on the door with a charming voice following, "Crimson?"

"He can't come in!" Tella gasped pushing Scarlett out of view from the door as she went to answer it. "Don't you know it's bad luck to see your bride in her wedding dress before the ceremony?"

"Oh, please. Those are just-"

"Do you want this marriage to fail?" Tella cut him off.

"Julian?" Scarlett asked from around the corner.

"Crimson!" Julian said hopefully.

Just like that, all her nerves were put at ease.

"See, she wants me in here. Let me in, Tella. I haven't seen her in two days," he pleaded.

"She never said she wanted you in here, she just asked your name. You will be able to see her in less than an hour, so go back to Legend and get ready," Tella retorted stubbornly.

A loud huff was heard before the door clicked shut and Tella returned with a smirk on her face. Truth be told, Scarlett did want him in her room, but she would stick to tradition above all else. She reached for her most treasured accessory; the fated gloves that Julian had sewn and proposed to her with. She knew she would have to take them off just before they recited their vows to exchange rings, but she still wanted to wear them for the time being. When she slid them on, they reacted immediately turning snow white with red detailing.

Tella placed a ruby tiara on Scarlett's head with a veil that trailed behind it. Her tongue stuck out of her mouth slightly as she pinned the diadem on her sister's head so it wouldn't fall off. Tella then applied a thin layer of gloss to Scarlett's red-painted lips before turning her around in the mirror again.

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm jealous." Tella threw her arms around her sister, "You look stunning."

"Thank you," Scarlett said quietly when a knock was heard on the door once again.

"I swear if that's your groom I'll-"

"Your Majesty? The ceremony will be commencing soon." a maid's voice was heard before they ushered off. Scarlett had arranged that no maid would help her get ready on her wedding day and that only Tella was in her room.

"Are you ready, Scar?"

🖤❤️🌟🎩🌟❤️🖤

In most cases, the father of the bride would walk her down the aisle, but Scarlett's family was never 'most cases'. So instead, Scarlett had asked her little sister to give her away and she was more than happy to oblige.