Chapter 17

The eighth battle was about to begin and Y/N was running out of Recovery Girl's office to get to the stands. 

"Holy shit, they're about to start!" Y/N said to herself. 

She finally got there and she heard Preset Mic announce Bakugou and Ochaco. 

"Begin!" Preset Mic announced. 

Y/N hurried to sit next to Katsumi. She was panting and leaning her head back trying to catch her breath from running up.

"Y/N! Are you all right?" Katsumi said chuckling. 

"Yeah, I just ran from Recovery Girl's. Why's Bakugou making that face?" Y/N said laughing. 

Katsumi looked down at Bakugou and was surprised by his expression. She laughed with Y/N. 

"GO BAKUGOU! GO OCHACO!" Y/N yelled from the stands. 

Bakugou smiled to himself mid-battle knowing Y/N was watching him. Ochaco began running at him at full speed trying to touch Bakugou to use her quirk. She was about to land her attack until Bakugou sent a large blast that directly hit her. Everyone gasped. 

"Oh god," Y/N said as she covered her mouth. 

"He's not planning on showing her any mercy," Tsu said. 

Bakugou sent out another large blast only to grab her jacket. Ochaco used her jacket as a decoy as she attacked from behind. Before she could touch him, Bakugou sent a large explosion at her sending her flying. Bakugou attacked yet again, sending another blast at her. He missed and she came from an angle trying to touch him again, only to be stopped by another explosion. 

"I can't watch," Jiro said as she covered her face. 

Y/N covered her face into Jiro's shoulder as they held on to each other. 

"Bakugou's really going all out," Denki said.

"My dad's insane, but he's gotta do what he's gotta do to win," Katsumi thought as she leaned forward in her seat. 

"I don't know who I want to win," Y/N said. Blast after blast, Ochaco kept going.

"She's determined to win and not giving up. I'm proud of her for that," Y/N said. 

"This is shameful! Stop acting like a bully if you really want to be a hero! If you're so good just send her out of bounds!" A man shouted from the stands. 

Y/N rolled her eyes at the man's remark. The audience began to boo Bakugou. 

"Where is the man who started this? Are you a pro? Because if you're serious, then you need to rethink about being a hero. Bakugou is acknowledging his opponent's strength by his fierceness. He knows she deserves to be here." Aizawa asked into the mic. 

"Thank you Bakugou for keeping your eyes on me,"Ochako said.

 Bakugou looked confused until he saw her hands touch. Rocks began falling from the sky. Bakugou aimed his hand towards the sky, setting off an explosion, deflecting the rocks. The explosion sent Ochaco back and knocking her down. Ochaco was visibly devastated her plan didn't work. She stood back up and Bakugou got into his stance and began attacking until she fell to the ground. She tried getting up. Bakugou saw and got into a stance preparing himself, except she never got up. Y/N saw him getting into a stance and her eyes widened.

"He's kept his guard up, even with her on the ground," Y/N thought as she admired his figure from a distance. 

"He never gave up, even with her on the ground," Katsumi thought to herself.