Chapter 6

Shiv's POV

After Chris asked me if i liked him i was extremely nervous. I didn't know how to answer him. Yes i do i agree i am attracted to him but i know, we can't be together for my family won't agree with it.

"Chris...uhm i don't know how to tell you this. Look dont take me wrong, its not that i don't like you, you're a great guy and any girl will be lucky to have you as their boyfriend, but i can't date you. I'm not allowed and i don't wanna disappoint my parents."

I could see hurt, disappointment and pain pass through his eyes. His bright baby blue eyes were captivating me but the pain i saw in them made me feel guilty. I felt that i shouldn't have told him that straightforwardly.

He replied " Shiv why? Why can't you date me? Am i not good enough for you? Is something wrong with me? If the answer to all this is yes, then I'll change myself. I'll completely change and become a new person, just for you. Plz agree to go out with me and I'll give you anything you ask for"

That made me feel guilty i told him nothing was wrong with him, it was just that i couldn't go against my parents, i had always been the good girl and always agreed to whatever my parents said, and i will continue with this.

He huffed and stood up " Shiv i know you respect and listen to your parents, but love does not see any religion in between. You must have heard the sayin 'Love's blind' well, that saying has made it's impact on me, and I'm not going to throw away the love-struck arrow that cupid aimed at me. Plz just give me a chance. Please??"

Shiv sighed with annoyance but Chris' words did leave her thinking. Was she really going to go against her parents for Chris? Was this the last chance cupid gave her to love?

No, she thought, 'He's right i should give it a try and see where it takes me.' She then told Chris she would go out with him tonight.

Chris defeated face lit up, his eyes were bright and he felt so happy that Shiv agreed to give him a chance. 'I will not let her down.' he thought.

They decided to head to art class. Shiv's nervousness did not let her concentrate. She thought of how her parents would react to her dating Chris.

The day went by faster and it was already time to head home. Chris asked her if she wanted a ride but she denied, saying she had her own car and that way she could think in peace.

Shiv reached home,changed into some comfortable clothes and completed her assignments and house work to keep her mind occupied, and to stop thinking of what reason she would give to them,to go out with Chris tonight.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

It was already 7 and she went to her room to pick what she would wear. Chris texted her saying he would pick her up at 7:30 and to wear something pretty. She decided to go with a cute navy blue dress, that had lace sleeves till her elbow and on the hemline.

She curled her black hair and applied light makeup. As she headed down the only thing on her mind was, ' what will i tell my parents?'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey Readers!!

Thanks alot for your lovely comments and votes on my earlier chapters.

I don't have time to update everday but I'll try my best to do it on weekends.

Read

Vote

Comment and

follow.

:):)