Chapter 11

Shiv's POV

It was the day of the engagement. The day i dreaded the most. My mood was down and i was depressed. I did not want a stranger to be my fiance. I can't do this.

I lazily woke up from my extremely comfy bed and got into the shower taking longer than usual. Just as i stepped out of the bathroom my mum came in with a makeup artist and one of Mihir's assistant who brought me my dress.

I put it on as the makeup artist started painting my face with foundation, compacts and all other cosmetics that i didn't prefer putting on. I kept quiet and sat patiently letting them work their magic.

I was tempted to text Chris and tell him to take me away from here but i didn't. The lady finished her business and started getting me in my outfit. It was so beautiful and with pink embroidery though i wasn't wearing it to engage with someone i like.

I pushed my thoughts away and put my heels on and headed to the hotel where the ceremony was held.

I got out of the car and was helped in the lift and to the ceremony. The tall mahogany doors opened as i made my grand entrance. There were so many people and that made the butterflies in my stomach flutter around wildly.

I walked down the red carpet and sat on the awaiting plush seats that were placed on the small stage. I sat down as Mihir entered from another door. He looked handsome in the fitting black suit. I wouldn't lie and say he looked bad, he indeed looked ready for this day.

His hair was styled and set back perfectly. He looked really good. I think he caught me checking him out as he amirked at me. He came right infront of me and bent down on one knee.

He proposed to me "Dear Shiv, i really like you alot and will love you till death do us part. I will always take care of you and pamper you. Will you marry me and make me the happiest man in the world by becoming Shivangi Sanghani?"

His words made my blood to stop flowing in my body, my body tensed, heart beat increased and a gasp left my lips. I gave him a small nod as tears pooled in my eyes.

To all the other people present here, they must have thought they were happy tears but infact they were tears of sorrow. I didn't want to marry him yet i agreed to do just that.

He slipped the heavy diamond on my ring finger and i did the same. It was gorgeous with a round diamond in the middle and small hearts and other shapes scattered around it. It showed proof that i was an engaged woman at the age of 21.

I sat silently thanking people for their congrats and waited for the ceremony to be over. I met so many of Mihir's cousins and uncles and aunts and made small talk.

It was time to go home and i did not waste any time doing that. I bid a small goodbye and rushed out of the hotel not waiting for my family and completely ingnoring Mihir's requests to stay a little more.

I was like Cinderella running out of the ball from her prince the only difference being that, that was not my prince charming and i had my heels with me. I got in the car as the driver drove us home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading guys.

Sorry for not updatting earlier i was on a school trip yesterday and was drained so here's the chapter.

Hope you enjoyed it.

Vote

Comment

And follow.

Thanks

Two Different Worldsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें