Chapter 9

Mihir's Pov

"Stacy, please cancel all my appointments today. I have somewhere to go."

I told my secretary and got in the lift.

Today was the day i would finally meet my future wife. I had kind of stalked her when my parents had informed me of the arranged marriage.

She was so gorgeous. Her dark hair, hazel eyes had captivated me. My life was caught up in my business. I was the CEO of Sanghani Designers.

My parents were worried about me not settling, so i agreed when they told me that my grandfather had picked a girl for me.

I got to my lamborghini and drove home. I got ready to go with my parents to meet the girl's family.

I was dressed in my Armani suit. We reached their place and my parents knocked on their door.

The girl opened the door and let them in. She was closing the door not acknowledging my presence. I put my shoe in between.

"Hey!! I'm Mihir those were my parents that you let in. Can i come in as well....?" I stopped to know her name.

" Its Shivangi. Shiv in short. Sure come in."

She was dressed in a beautiful punjabi that outlined her curves. She was a beauty.

I led the way to the living room and sat across my parents. Her dad introduced us to her.

My dad finally decided to drop the bomb "Your parents, my wife and I have decided to get you two married. Mihir is okay with it so we have decided to get you married in 3 months time."

After hearing dad's words Shiv started gasping for air and she was going to fall off the couch but i caught her in time.

Her parents instructed to take her to her bedroom. I could tell they really loved their daughter and were worried about her.

I reassured them that i will take her to her room and stay with her till she wakes up.

Her room was not a typical girls room with pink stuff. She had a sunset theme which i personally loved.

I layed her on her bed and sprinkled some water on her.

She woke up and sighed contently but when she turned her gaze on me she screamed loudly. I silenced her and told her to lay back down.

She started crying and went down the stairs i followed her.

" Mum, Dad, How could you do this to me? I cant get married now, im still in uni, i want to become a dentist. How can u get me married this early? I'm still 21 for heavens sake!!!!"

Her parents looked a bit guilty but covered that emotion " Look Shiv we really love you but you know, your grandfather was the one to choose the guy for you. You loved him so much,so why can't you do this for him? Please dear if not for us or for you do it for him. It was his last wish to get you married happily."

" So you think I'll be happy with a stranger? Will i be happy knowing that all my dreams will be left behind and i'll have no freedom? I need time to think about this." With that she went back to her room, leaving us all confused.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Shiv's POV

After i woke up i saw Mihir next to me. He tried to make me sleep but i was fuming with anger. How can my parents decide who i want to marry or not and when the time is right?That was my choice.

I went down and shouted at them but instantly felt guilty when i found out it was my late grandfather's wish. I loved him alot and i can never let him down. I left telling them i needed time to think.

I was in my bed for 2 hours straight making my decision.

Finally i had made one so i went down. All eyes were on me.

" I have decided that i will marry Mihir, but I'm only doing this for my grandfather and noone else."

As soon as i said that everyone was so excited.

Mihir was smiling so much. I didn't know why he agreed to it. Didn't he have a girlfriend already?

Meena told me the engagement ceremony would be in 2 days time. My mum and her were already discussing the plans, i had no interest so i retired back to my room.

I have sacrificed my freedom to a stranger and i hope my decision was right. At that moment i remembered Chris. OH MY GOD!! What will i tell Chris. I really like him but i don't want to break his heart so I'll just ignore him, even though i dont want to, i know its the right choice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please comment on how you find this story.

Read

Comment

Follow

And Vote.

Thanks:)