Bonus Chapter: Hidden Thoughts

*The fanart above was created by PurpleHyena! Thank you so much!! If anyone else would like to submit any fanart, please let me know!*

Daniel was in the kitchen, dropping his bags of groceries down onto the counter after exiting the garage. At the request of Alan, he was to prepare a dinner of his choosing as he had won their bet. While it had been on pause following the circumstances of the curse, they resumed after a few weeks only for Alan to win the bet effortlessly. As agreed upon, Daniel was to cook Alan dinner for an entire week. This was the first night and Alan requested a simple dish: Chicken Parmesan, which happened to be his favorite.

As he began to sort through the bags for ingredients, he heard his phone give a chime of "Kupo!" as he received a text message. He grabbed his phone off the counter, a smile coming to his face as he saw a text from Alan.

Sexy Moogle: Hey! My mom is going to drop me off as she's taking my sister to dance practice. I should be there in 10.

Daniel: Great! Just come in, I left the front door unlocked.

Sexy Moogle: Will do. I also have a surprise :3

Daniel: Surprise? Like what?

Sexy Moogle: You'll see it when I get there :p

He's so sassy... Daniel thought to himself after he put his phone down, taking a moment to look at everything on his counter. "Well, let me get started."

-

"You're taking this quite seriously." Alan spoke as he watched Daniel place the strips of fresh pasta on a drying rack after he cut them.

"You said 'from scratch', so I'm just keeping up my end of the deal." Daniel answered with a smile as he placed the last strip down, before he moved over to check on the pasta sauce he had prepared earlier, seeing it simmer in the pot. He grabbed a ladle to taste it carefully, a pleased noise coming from him before he peeked into the oven to check on the chicken.

"Do you cook like this often?" Alan asked, his chin resting in the palms of his hands, giving Daniel his full attention as he sat on a barstool on the elaborate kitchen island.

"Only when requested, or I'm in the mood for something specific. I usually don't have a lot of time. But, since soccer season is done, I can do it easier."

"I should've asked for a whole month." Alan joked, a grin coming to his face.

"So greedy. I'd have to ask for something in exchange for all that work, regardless of the bet." Daniel returned the joke, taking a moment to start cleaning the area.

"Like what? I can't cook like you. Best I can do is make toast." Alan laughed.

"I'm not sure. I'd have to think of something." Daniel said with a shrug.

"I can only imagine, with you being such a gentleman." Alan teased, a smirk appearing not long after.

If you're imagining me making out with you on top of that counter, you'd be correct... Daniel thought to himself with an innocent smile as he washed a cutting board. "By the way Moogle, what did you bring over as a surprise?" he asked, curious.

"Oh, let me grab it from my bag..." Alan stated, climbing off the stool and walking over towards a tote bag near his backpack. He pulled out a small container and walked back to his seat, placing it down before opening it carefully.

Having finished cleaning for the moment as things continued cooking, Daniel walked over and took a look inside, before his eyes widened in surprise. "It's a cake!"