It's Complicated

As soon as the bell rang for the last time that day, Alan quickly grabbed his things and headed out of the classroom door, with Nicolette on his heels not too long after.

"Where are you running off to with the quickness?" Nicolette asked, walking beside him as soon as she caught up.

Alan was unsure of what to say, as he rounded the corner towards his locker. He glanced over at a clock on a nearby wall, which read 3:35pm.

"I have to go and talk with Mr. Hayes. I'm trying to see if I can convince him to let me skip gym this semester as well." he lied quickly, switching out his textbooks and materials for the day as he shuffled through his backpack.

"You haven't done that yet? I figured you did last week when classes started." Nicolette asked, surprised.

"I got distracted, and you know how he gets when it's football season. He likes to start on time with the team, so I want to catch him before he gets into coaching mode." Alan answered, slamming his locker shut and hauling the backpack onto his shoulder.

"Alright, I'll meet up with you later tonight. We're still going to watch AHS, right? The premiere for the season is at 10." Nicolette replied.

"Hell yeah. As if I would miss Evan's beautiful face." Alan said with a cheeky grin as he headed towards the doors that exited to the schoolyard.

"I HATE that we are obsessed over the same guy. What does that say about my taste in men?" Nicolette said with a roll of her eyes.

"Maybe you were a gay man in your previous life." Alan teased, only to have Nicolette smirk in return.

"I was a top, that's for sure." Nicolette joked, only to see Alan laugh loudly. "I'll let you know when I'm heading over. Catch you later!" she yelled, before running towards the line of buses.

"See you later!" Alan spoke with a wave of his hand, before heading towards the direction of the baseball field.

The grounds of the school typically cleared out by 3:45pm, save for anyone practicing for sports. Baseball season was beginning to wrap up, and their team was knocked out of the league due to a recent loss, so practices were sparse. But football season was gearing up since the team won the regional championship last year. Attention was going to be on that field, which was on the opposite side of the school grounds.

At 3:43pm, Alan found himself stepping onto the lush grass of the baseball field, looking around aimlessly. It was completely clear, the afternoon sun resting in the sky as it occasionally peeked out from behind rolling clouds. He began walking towards a set of bleachers, climbing a few flights before taking a seat. It was exactly 3:45pm as he pulled out his phone, seeing if there was a message from Daniel, only to be disappointed in seeing a clear screen of no new notifications.

This gave his mind a moment to reflect on everything that had happened. From Chemistry class to the text message before AP English. How in the world did he get blessed with this opportunity to be connected to Daniel Lang? Of all people, the one guy he had a crush on for 5 years? He covered his face in his hands, letting out a noise of frustration and excitement.

"It can't be that bad." a voice spoke from behind, the sound of footsteps descending towards him.

Alan looked up quickly, turning to glance over his shoulder to see Daniel walking towards him, a small smile on his face. Alan couldn't help but stare, trying to keep any composure he had left at the sight. Daniel had on a stylish pair of dark wash slim-fitted jeans paired with all white Vans, a dark grey t-shirt and black bomber jacket. His jet-black hair was parted towards the right side of his face, the front styled in a messy fashion to lightly fall right above his eyebrows. He had a black Herschel backpack slung over his right shoulder, his hands resting in his jeans pockets.