Bang!

"Why were you talking to fuckface?" Nicolette asked, frowning at Alan as they stood next to each other. Manny was talking to a few of his teammates nearby and let them have some time to catch up.

"He caught me, so I didn't have much of a choice." Alan admitted with a grumble, rolling his eyes as he did so. "He's so... fucking insufferable."

"Are you... still on for going through with the plan?" Nicolette asked, a curious look on her face as she took a sip of her drink.

"As long as you did your part." Alan replied, giving her the same expression.

"Oh, that was easy. I even added something extra special." Nicolette stated with an evil smirk.

"Do I... want to know?" Alan asked, nervous.

"Nah! It will ruin the surprise!" Nicolette said with a bright smile and a wink.

"Surprise? What kind of surprise?"

They looked up to see Daniel standing nearby, having made his way over to their group.

"Oh, hi Daniel! Nice to see you! You look awesome, as always." Nicolette spoke, looking over his outfit.

"Thank you, and I like the matching ensemble that you and Manny have." Daniel returned the gesture, seeing Manny not too far away talking with another group.

Nicolette was wearing a sleeveless dark purple silk gown, a split placed tastefully above her left knee as she wore open toed purple heels. Her curly hair was straightened and fell over her shoulders and down her back and her glasses were nowhere to be seen as she replaced them with contacts. Manny was in a black suit with a dark purple shirt and black tie.

"We tried." Nicolette said with a pleased grin, before leaning closer to both Daniel and Alan. "He's so fucking hot. We went to a boutique shop to try and get matching colors, and he had to take off his shirt to try it on... UGH... I didn't know he was ripped." She added, a face of pure pleasure showing.

"So thirsty." Alan teased, only to see her stick her tongue out at him playfully.

"I'm surprised you don't have a date, Daniel. None of the girls threw themselves at you?" Nicolette asked.

Daniel smiled calmly, glancing over towards Alan quickly, only to see him distracting himself by looking at the DJ, attempting to keep a calm expression. "I did have one, actually. But, she sadly ended up cancelling at the last minute. Something urgent came up and she had to take care of it."

"Oh, that's too bad." Nicolette said in surprise.

Yeah, shame a bitch had to DIE. Alan thought to himself, a smirk coming to his face as he did so.

"No worries! I don't mind coming alone. I can hangout with friends and teammates and still have a good time." Daniel replied with a warm smile.

Alan listened to them carry a conversation as he felt his phone vibrate in his pants pocket. Perplexed, he pulled it out to see a text message appear on the screen.

Asswipe McGee: Alan... why is Mika not with Daniel?

Alan looked up from his phone screen to calmly scan the crowd to see where he could pinpoint Thomas, only to see him resting near the stage with Claire and a group of people. He had already caught sight of him, his expression pensive as he did so. Looking back down at his phone, Alan tried to think of what he could possibly say in return.

Alan: No idea. Maybe they are arriving separately?

Asswipe McGee: Not possible. Daniel drives a car and considering how polite and gentlemanly he is, there is no way he would not escort Mika to a dance.