Author's Note

Well, that's it! The Nerd and The Frog is complete!

I honestly didn't think that I would be writing an entire novel for this story. For those who were not aware, I actually entered the very first chapter of this story into a contest by the awesome @OminouslyAnonymous for the prompt "Fairy Tale Twist." I was awarded first place for it, and I had a lot of people request that I make a full story.

I admit, it took a very long time for me to write this story, as it's dawned on me that it's been almost 2 years since I started it. A lot happened during the creation of this story. Also, keep in mind, the first 15 chapters were written on the fly. It wasn't until after those chapters, I formed a writing schedule and began to write chapters ahead of time.

With this, I actually plan to go back and re-edit the story, as well as make sure any plot-holes I may have missed along the way get corrected.

Also, the story ends with Daniel and Alan planning to go on a "real date," as Alan puts it. While it is currently not in the works right now, I have an idea for a bonus chapter that I've been wanting to write. I'm not sure when I could get around to doing that (as my personal life is a bit hectic with work and this current pandemic). But, I will be writing it and will make sure to share it with everyone here!

I feel like I'm not fully done with these characters, as I had so much fun writing them. So, I'll probably put up bonus chapters in the future, when the mood strikes me.

Oh, and if anyone is interested, I'd totally be willing to share a playlist that I used when writing this story! Certain music puts me in the mindset to write these character's personalities and there were a few songs that I kept in a playlist to help with that. Let me know!

As for what I want to do next with this story, besides the bonus chapters, there are a few things.

- I plan to enter it in the Watty's. I doubt I have a shot of winning an award, but I think it would be a learning experience for me. It will also encourage me to be much more active here on Wattpad. I'm kinda shy, but I'm hoping to change that!

- In regards to some bonus chapters, I'm thinking that I may actually start a Patreon for chapters that may be a bit too... "explicit," which I'm not willing to share on Wattpad. I mean, let's be honest. These two are growing teenage boys who will more than likely get into many different shenanigans.

- I may actually look to see about making this into a published YA novel or a comic! I wish I could draw, but I can't even draw a stick figure, so maybe down the line, it could become a webcomic, which I think would be fun! Something to think about.

Since this story is done, I'm actually going to take a bit of a break for the next two months. I have another story I am still uploading, but I wrote it ahead of time and can update it weekly with no worries. I'm going to take the time to really figure out what story I want to work on and post next. I've been eyeing my other contest entry, Ultimatum, and making that into a novel. I have to feel that out first, so we'll see what happens. I'm going to strongly consider starting that Patreon, as I think it would be fun to interact with you guys outside of Wattpad and share some other playful stories, as well as putting these two boys in more interesting situations.

Again, thank you all so much for the support you have given me throughout this entire story. I never thought it would hit well over 15,000 views and 1,000 votes! That may not seem like much to some, but to me that is amazing! I know I may not have replied to every comment, but I'm actually going to try and take the time to do so over the next week, as every comment that I have gotten has either made me smile or laugh, and I want to return the sentiment.

Thank you so very much, and I'll see you all in the next one!

- Blu