Walking On a Dream

Holy shit, holy shit, HOLY. SHIT. I'm getting a ride home from Daniel Lang. I'm gonna be IN. HIS. CAR.

Alan contained his excitement as he followed Daniel to the student parking lot. While on the outside, he looked perfectly calm and collected. On the inside, however, he was screaming in pure joy and amazement. Never in his life would he think to find himself in a car with his crush of 5 years. It's even better that the car Daniel drove was on an continuous list among students called, "The Top 5 Best Cars Driven by Students In The Entire School." As to be expected when your high school was in a fairly well-to-do suburb.

"My car is over there." Daniel pointed towards it, as he pressed the key fob to unlock the doors, the headlights blinking twice.

Alan, internally giddy, stopped to stare at the car in amazement.

Daniel looked over at him, a puzzled look crossing his face. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing... I'm just... admiring your car." Alan said with a child-like smile on his face.

"Oh, alright... do you like cars?" Daniel asked, curious.

"A bit." Alan stated, walking around and observing the car slowly as he did so.

"It's a rather old Lexus, though..." Daniel stated, leaning against the driver-side door as he watched Alan quietly observing his car.

"It's a 2012 Lexus IS C, collapsable hardtop with 2.5 L V6 engine. It can get up to 204 to 306 horsepower and possibly up to 30 miles per gallon." Alan rattled off with ease as he rounded the back of the car. "And it's a 250c, meaning it's either a manual or automatic. Can you drive a stick shift?" Alan asked, looking over at Daniel with an excited smile on his face.

"Yeah, my dad taught me. He said if I wanted to eventually own the car, I had to learn to drive it manually." Daniel admitted with a smile of his own.

"That's so fucking awesome..." Alan stated openly, his eyes going back to the car. "And it's black. I'm guessing the interior matches?"

"It does." Daniel confirmed, as he opened the driver-side door, Alan coming up to peek inside not too long after.

"So smooth looking..." Alan stated in awe, peeking his head inside. "It looks like it's practically new!"

"My dad barely drove it. It only has 45,000 miles on it." Daniel stated, somewhat fascinated at Alan's knowledge of cars.

"That's fucking insane! It's like he only drove it to the grocery store and back!" Alan exclaimed, looking at Daniel in shock.

"He travels a lot for work, so he only used it when necessary. The grocery store being one of these necessary trips." Daniel joked, a grin on his face.

"You're lucky to be given such a car!" Alan spoke excitedly, as he stopped in front of the car once again.

"I've never seen someone so into my car before." Daniel admitted, a laugh following after.

"Your car is ranked 3rd in the entire school. How can anyone NOT be obsessed with it?" Alan replied in surprise.

"3rd? What's this ranking?" Daniel asked, confused. "And before you explain it, you want to get in the car?" Daniel followed up with a smirk, seeing Alan open his mouth to speak, but quickly close it at his comment.

"Oh, yeah, sorry." Alan responded with a bashful smile. He quickly made his way towards the passenger side door, opening it and settling down inside the seat, placing his backpack onto the floor in front of him before putting on his seatbelt. The interior of the car was indeed black, the seats a comfortable black leather, with a navigation system and CD player. Granted, Daniel didn't use the CD player, as there was an auxiliary cord for his smartphone resting in the center console.