Bonus Chapter: Making a Mark

"So, you're going on a date?" Kristen asked as she watched her older brother shuffle through clothes in his closet.

"If I say yes, will you stop asking about it?" Alan stated, giving her an annoyed face over his shoulder.

"Maybe?" she replied with a smirk.

"... yes. I'm going on a date..." Alan confirmed through gritted teeth.

"It's the guy who dropped you off at home from homecoming, isn't it?" Kristen asked, a bit of excitement in her voice. "The one with the nice car?"

"How do you know it's a guy?" Alan questioned, refusing to admit it.

"Seriously? I know it's not a girl, that's for sure." Kristen scoffed, rolling her eyes.

"Kristen, if you are done interrogating me, go away so I can get dressed. I have to make sure I'm ready in about 30 minutes." Alan spoke in a frustrated manner, holding up 2 shirts in each of his hands.

"Just wear what you normally do, dork." Kristen replied.

"Are you kidding me? I can't do that." Alan shot back in shock. "I'll look like complete garbage next to him."

"I'm sure when he met you the first time, you looked like trash." she rebutted, just to see him glare back. "Just be comfortable and normal, Allie. I'm sure he'll be happy to see you regardless."

Alan looked over towards his little sister, not expecting her to say such encouraging words. "...Thanks, Kris." he answered with a small smile.

"Wear a long sleeve green tee with dark wash jeans, white sneakers and black bomber. The green brings out the color of your eyes. Do NOT wear glasses and leave your hair alone." Kristen smiled back, before walking away. "Now, you won't look like utter trash."

Alan grinned to himself as he watched her walk away. "Smartass brat.."

-

"He is going to pick you up, right?" his mother asked, following behind him as he walked from the kitchen to the living room.

"Yes, he is." Alan replied, trying to avoid her barrage of questions. "Knowing how he is, he'll come straight to the door-"

Alan paused at the thought and stared at the door in horror. He looked at his parents quickly, who looked back at him, then to the door and at that exact moment, the doorbell rang.

Making a mad dash towards the door, Alan attempted to cut his parents off from where he was. His father and mother tried to grab him in the process, yet they were all too short as Kristen had been coming down the staircase when it rang and beat them to the door. She turned the doorknob and opened it, looking up and her expression shifted to pure awe. "Um.... hello..." she forced out after a few seconds.

"Hi..." Daniel replied with a smile. "Are you Alan's sister?"

"Um... yes... that lucky jerk..." she answered in a mutter, only to see Daniel's face change to confusion. "I mean, yes, I am!"

"Annnnnnnd you can go away now!" Alan quickly blurted out, pushing Kristen away as he ran out the door, stopping short as he came face to face with Daniel. "Hey..." Alan spoke with a smile and sigh, not helping but be completely happy at the sight of him.

"Hey there." Daniel replied with a warm smile of his own.

"Sooo.... You're Alan's date?"

They both looked over at the sound of his father's voice, seeing his family hanging in the doorway quite eagerly.

"Daniel, my family. Family, Daniel. We can go now." Alan quickly forced out, grabbing Daniel's left arm and trying to walk away.

"Alan Bernard Wilson." his mother spoke firmly, seeing her son visibly stop in his tracks and tense. "Let us meet this young man."