Attention

Once Daniel was fully dressed, they eventually climbed out the backseat of his car, leaving from separate doors.

"Ok... I have to remind myself that not only do you pass out when you become a frog, you... are naked when you turn back into a human." Alan stated, his face still red from embarrassment, and slight arousal (yet he would never openly speak that). "I.... forgot about that." He admitted, recalling the first time he saw Daniel streaking naked across campus.

"Yeah... sorry about that..." Daniel admitted with a bashful smile.

"Actually... when did you first experience this curse, anyway? How did you eventually turn back without a kiss?" Alan asked, curious.

"It was a couple of weeks ago. I was out with my parents at a shopping mall. My mom wanted to get me some clothes for the school year. I was in a fitting room changing into an outfit and then the next thing you know... I'm a frog. Apparently, I was in the fitting room for a good half an hour before my father got concerned and went to check on me. He saw the pile of clothes on the floor and knew which stall I was in. Good thing no one noticed what was going on and my parents just left the mall with me unconscious in a pile of clothing." Daniel explained, adjusting his clothes carefully as he looked in a side mirror.

"How'd you change back?" Alan asked, surprised.

"There is some drink that my dad concocted from one of the archives he found. It takes a good hour for it to take effect, but it works. One of the men in the family created this mixture and it worked. But, a kiss is much more effective and less risky. There could be instances where the mixture may not work long term or could even not work at all. I got lucky that time." Daniel stated with a sigh.

"Do you have it as a backup at all?" Alan asked, concerned. "What happens if I can't get to you or something?"

"That's a good point... I can ask my dad to make some as a backup." Daniel agreed with a nod. "Sorry about this... I honestly wasn't expecting it."

"It's fine! I mean, if you were expecting it, you'd be able to prevent it." Alan joked with a smile.

"Touché." Daniel confirmed with a laugh. "Thanks for coming. I really appreciate it. The last thing I need is someone finding me as a frog in the guy's restroom in a pile of clothes..."

"I can only imagine..." Alan teased with a smirk. "We better head back to class. I'm sure our homeroom teachers are starting to get suspicious..."

"Yeah, let's head back." Daniel agreed, taking his car fob from Alan and locking it as they walked away. "Has your day gotten any better? You seemed really stressed out earlier."

"Somewhat.... save for having to come save you..." Alan teased, only to see Daniel give him a playful look of side-eye. "I'm... getting used to it, I guess. People have been much nicer to me. Typically, they just... leave me be or pretty much don't realize I exist. It's hard to go from little or no attention at all, to so much attention in a matter of 24 hours."

"That's true. You weren't expecting such a reaction, so I can understand that. Do you like it, though? Do you think you can handle doing this for a straight week?" Daniel asked, curious.

"I don't have much of a choice, do I?" Alan joked once again, only to see Daniel grin mischievously.

"That's what happens when you make a bet, Moogle." Daniel teased, seeing Alan stick his tongue out.

"It's... definitely an experience, to say the least. Ask me at the end of the week." Alan stated with a sigh as they entered the building.

"Maybe I should make you dinner tonight. I feel bad..." Daniel admitted, his hands going into his pockets as they walked.