Deals and Compromises

It was if the world had stopped moving, his entire body frozen in place when he heard Thomas speak. His green eyes, wide in shock, shifted over to look at the taller classmate to his left. Alan watched Thomas carefully as he moved away to stand in front of him once again. He was at a loss for words, his mouth shut tightly as he stared back at Thomas in complete disbelief.

"Fuck... no." Alan softly forced out, as his mind began to process everything fully once again.

"Ok, that's fine, Alan. It just means that I start talking without hesitation." Thomas replied back calmly, that same smile on his face. Any passerby would assume they were having a normal conversation, not one of ultimatums. "I don't see anything wrong with this agreement."

"EVERYTHING is wrong about this agreement, you asshole." Alan spoke clearly, but softly, his mixed emotions appearing on his face. "Are you fucking insane?"

"Quite. But you knew that already, didn't you Alan?" Thomas replied as he pushed aside a strand of hair from his face. "Meet me at the baseball field during lunch. As soon as that bell finishes ringing, you have ten minutes to get there. If you don't, I start sending out a mass text to the entire school regarding Daniel Lang." Thomas added, as he reached over to gently pat Alan on his left shoulder, feeling him flinch underneath him slightly. "...and you know that I'm not bluffing."

With that, Thomas walked away without a second thought, passing Alan entirely as he continued down the hallway.

Alan stood there, a spinning sensation coming over him as he stared off into nothingness. All sounds and noises disappeared from his ears, his entire body numb in feeling.

Fuck no. I cannot... I won't... I have to get out of this...

It wasn't until he felt someone poke him on the shoulder softly that he finally jumped and looked over in surprise. Of course, the person to snap him out of his dazed state was Daniel.

"Hey, I've been calling you for a good minute." Daniel stated with a smile. "You alright?"

Alan stared at him, trying to force himself to react normally. "Yeah... a bit... overwhelmed..." Alan spoke nervously, a small smile on his face.

"Overwhelmed? Did something happen?" Daniel asked, confused.

"Everything happened...." Alan stated, taking a deep sigh. "I don't like this entire situation."

"What do you mean?" Daniel asked, concerned.

"I've been getting stared at all morning, people keep whispering or openly stating how different I look and I just got pulled into-" He cut himself off at the last part, looking at Daniel carefully. "Nevermind. I'm just... uncomfortable."

"Well, that happens when you completely change up your style." Daniel reassured him. "You look great, by the way. You did an awesome job with the entire outfit, and your hair looks great."

"Thanks..." Alan replied back with a smile, though inside he was screaming in utter frustration.

This fucking SUCKS! I wonder if I could get away with murder... No one would know Thomas was buried in my backyard. FUCK. My god... Daniel has no fucking clue what I'm going through just to keep him safe. He owes me FUCKING BIG.

With that thought, Alan finally realized exactly what he wanted from Daniel in return for that kiss he gave him when he was a frog. Granted, it would probably be impossible to get, but he did say anything.

I'll tell him later. Not today. I have too much shit to take care of...

"Can we meetup later? I'm going to need some guidance on how to get through this day without running out of here screaming." Alan joked lightly, seeing Daniel laugh.