School 1

Darius was stern making Roxanne comply to his wishes. She was going to attend her last year at school soon and he was going with her to register as her temporary guardian in place of her aunt in the educational institute so she could begin her studies without any further delay.

Now that most of the things have finalized he wished for her to attain her degrees and pursue her dreams at the same time. Working as a bureaucrat Darius had seen children growing in harsh environment and the imprint it leaves on their minds. He himself had a messed up childhood that he never wished to remember but atleast he had peace of mind while in orphanage.

Only education and skill was the key to enlighten one's soul and make one empowered. Roxanne was already engrossed in business at such a young age thus being with teenagers at par to her would actually give her an insight of how the people were and the way they should be dealt with.

Ofcourse he was there to supervise and encourage her, solve her problems but being self sufficient in this world was the most important thing......well it was until it came to him, he did wanted her to rely on him, wished to gain her utmost trust.

"Can we turn back?" Roxanne was breaking into the jittery nerves while the man sitting beside her driving looked at her raising an eyebrow.

"No" A soft whine escaped her lips as she held the sleeves of his coat trying to make him change his mind.

"Why not?"

"Because this is important Roe."

"I don't think so Daddy-" She became silent when his intense eyes melted into her green pools intensely.

Darius had not said it and Roxanne had not asked but both of them were aware that they were in some soft of a mutual understanding that this was the beginning of a relationship. They went onto numerous dates after their first one and a month has passed since they fell into a routine which involved each other's presence.

Roxanne was too afraid to straight up dive into a commitment, it was as if she was testing the waters before entering the ocean so Darius just let her have her way.

"But daddy I don't want to go." when she whispered again Darius had enough of her attitude. The platinum irises focused on her face for a moment as he could not help but turn his head towards her when that bratty complain fell into his ears before he resumed driving through the landscapes of houses turning to a empty street before stopping the car.

"Come here." Before Roxanne could whine anymore, he was already unfastening her seatbelt to pull her over on his lap making his muscular arm flex dangerously, his irises smoldering angry ambers making the girl quite down despite heat rising to her cheeks.

They have not even had their first kiss because of her wanting to explore the relationship but now the dark look looming over the executive judge's face made her realize that he was far over taking her bad mood anymore.

When the calloused palm held her waist making Roxanne sat wide eyed on his thigh she could not help but bite her plump pink lip as a shaky breath left her mouth.

She hesitantly glided her soft palm onto his chest tugging at his coat buttons and not meeting his eyes, too afraid to realize that she was opening his blazer making the white shirt from beneath peak.

"What is it baby...you look so frightened. Have you done something wrong sweetheart?"

His palms had tightened on her body indicating that he was expecting her to answer honestly.

"I-I am creating troubles." Silence followed her whisper making her even more shy and vulnerable infront of him and she tried lowering her head even more to somehow melt into his protective hold and disappear but she continued further understanding that he was expecting her to explain her actions.

"I am afraid to go to school, previously I had no friends and things were difficult. The students feared me because Elijah used to threaten them and now I fear that still.....I desperately want to study and learn, I find it so good but the thought of again interacting with so many people makes me so afraid."

Darius held both of her trembling hands to bring them close to his lips before kissing her wrists followed by her porcelain fingers making Roxanne look up at him with glossy green eyes.

"My little baby, haven't I told you that you are the beat babydoe in this world hmm?" Roxanne nodded frantically as Darius cooed at her, clutching her close to his chest.

"I have my brother studying in that school and I assure you my tiny fairy, that it is one of the best institutes with no bullying at all, its strictly prohibited and about people, you can always come to me in luckbreaks, my office is near to your school so if you want just give me a call and I will pick you up and we will eat together, you just have to study there and if you don't want that I would not force you baby."

His fingers threaded with her silky strands as he glided his fingers through her scalp making Roxanne sigh as she slumped against him, both of them staying like that so as to bring peace to the girl.

"Have I told you how much I love your hair Roe..." Darius watched her glinting and glowing as her hair spilled onto his chest while she held him tightly like a koala refusing to let go.

"....I am so lucky baby that I have got you and I swear you don't have to do anything that you hate but this is important, I cannot let Elijah's dark shadow covering all your happiness and opportunities. It has to end someday or the other."

"I promise I would not let you down Daddy."

Sorry for the chapters being short but I assure the book will be long enough for you people to enjoy. ~♥~