NIGHTMARE

1 month Later

An year had passed in a blink with time flying using angel wings and swift speed that changed the course of fate. It was a year of them being together, this entire time Roxanne had made a certain amount of good friends and gained her soulmate for life but also her loss was terrible.

After completing her school Roxanne had sent her applications to various prestigious institutes out of which the two most important had replied in acceptance and appreciation of her work. The art collage of Rome was her first preference and was also a place that Darius would be able to accompany her since it was the capital city that was within his reach.

Currently the federal judge had applied for a transfer letter that was soon meant to be approved. Thus forgetting all the bad things that the past year brought, the nymph had arranged for a small party on the occasion of her first anniversary with Darius.

Tiffany, and Cedric were her friends from school, Christopher being Darius' brother was welcomed and despite getting a lot of cold treatment from his brother for trying to steal Roxanne earlier he appeared to be appeased since it was once in many years that their home was this warm and full of mirth.

Christopher being a football player was usually on tours across the state such that he had forgotten what was to be at home, it was only three weeks since he was back only to realize that Roxanne had shifted with Darius in their home. Although at first felt awkward imagining the angel as his brother's girlfriend but later accepted it since it became so natural to see them together.

Despite the world-changing and identity of relations revolving, the man respected it when he saw that Roxanne and Darius loved each other and maintained a polite distance from his brother's girlfriend for going after someone that in future might be his sister-in-law was not in accordance to either his morals or suitable for his character.

"Roxanne" When the cerulean irises of the man saw the angel standing near the door daydreaming in the air he whacked the back of her saffron head.

"Oww..I hate you, what did you hit me for!"

"Go and chat with your guests silly, I will call brother and see why is he late." In reality, Roxanne had decorated the entire house with fairy lights and prepared food with the help of her friends, and ordered pizza and a few things from outside. Tiffany, Cedric, Serena, Christopher, and Darius' friend Marcus were the only people present.

Her true purpose was to give her daddy a happy memory all the while announcing her temporary departure to Rome along with their engagement but Darius was not home yet. Usually he would have arrived by this time and this made the nymph feel apprehensive.

"No...No I will stay here till he comes home." I will wait for him till he comes home to me safe and sound.

This was what she wanted to convey and did not budged from the gateway.

Minutes passed with the feeling of choking and unable to bear getting thicker.

"Why is daddy not picking up his phone?"

_____________________________________________________________________

Darius was her world

There was no light and joy if it wasn't him present there. Since the moment he entered her life he became her everything.

Since he considered her his soulmate, his love and affection were all hers and so was his pain and agony that came along yet Roxanne never complained because it made her feel that she was his equal, that she had the place in this world.

The exact same moment when a call rang at Christopher's cellphone Roxanne was rejoiced, it was from him-her Darius yet the person speaking from the other side was someone else.

"Sir we have an emergency here, Mr Vicari had an accident and we have immediately admitted him to the nearby hospital." After those few words the line went silent yet Roxanne's ears were ringing as if someone had punctured her ribcage and pulled out her heart.

Tears did not come to follow as her wide eyes that were frozen with shock and horror looked at Christopher who dragged her to the car along with others that hurried up to reach the injured man. It all was a nightmare. The red-haired girl repeated in her head over and over that this was a terrible nightmare that if she tried hard enough would end and she will wake up to find Darius sleeping beside her peacefully.

"Roxy! Baby, you need to focus! Darius is fine...he will be well and come home alright. It will be fine! Breathe baby you need to hold on." Serena chanted in her ear as Tiffany rubbed her palm with concerned and shocked eyes that seemed to understand the depth of this entire matter.

"We are here!"

How she came here and how she reached infront of the hospital room was not known.

"We had to perform a surgery sir and we could not have waited for your consent since Mr. Vicari's wellbeing is of utmost importance. You have to wait outside." If it was a normal person then they might have put it on hold for a few minutes for the family members to arrive yet when it came to one of the most influential people in the country the doctors had the direct orders to do the necessary without delay.

"S-Sir..h-he ...when will h-he wake up?" Tears as beautiful as crystal droplets fell like acid onto that creamy skin burning her entire being.

"W-When will my Darius wake up?"The helplessness in those irises rendered the doctor speechless before passing onto a reassuring smile that could not soothe Roxanne at all.