Chapter 32

Hello! It's been a while! How's it going? I was just thinking back to previous chapters, and I'm just thinking of rewriting the book. Not sure yet. There are just a few area's that I may rewrite instead? I just feel like my writing's improved, even just by a little bit. So I may think about that.

Unedited 

Enjoy~~

Kora stood in front of Keith and Liam, Georgia gripping onto her leg as they watched Lance give the two males a hug. The girl didn't like this, being separated from not only Keith, but her Twin brother. 

"It'll be fine Kora." Liam assured her, patting his twin's shoulder. 

"I know." Kora muttered, "Just be careful, don't loose your temper." 

Liam scoffed, "Now why would I do that?" 

Kora deadpanned and looked at her brother, "Because you're Liam," She answered, "And I know how you can be sometimes." 

"Dad's got my back," Liam told her, giving a small smile, "If I do, he can just let you know and then you can slap me." 

Kora held out her pinky finger, "Promise me. Promise me you'll be okay." 

Liam wrapped his pinky around her smaller one, resting his forehead against his twins, "I promise I'm going to be okay." 

Kora's lower lip trembled as she dropped Liam's finger, wrapping her arms around him, "I love you, Liam."

"I love you too, Kora." Liam whispered, returning her hug, feeling everyone's eyes on them. 

Lance couldn't help but let a sigh escape his lips, his arms crossed. How long was Keith going to be gone for this time? This time, he wasn't going to be leaving alone either. Taking Liam along with him. 

Kora and Liam, being twins, had this weird connection to each other. Almost as if they can sense when each other are in danger, or are hurt. Was separating them okay? Sure, he had agreed to the decision earlier, but now, watching as his daughter teared up, hesitating to let go of her brother... Was it really a good idea?

"What are you sighing about?" Keith questioned, tilting his head to the side, watching as Georgia wiggled her way between her older brother and sister. 

"How long will you be gone this time?" Lance responded, glancing over at his husband. "Will it be two years again?" 

"Lance-" 

"We don't know that." Lance interrupted him, knowing what the former Red Paladin was going to say. He clicked his tongue before closing his eyes, taking in another breath, placing a hand on his forehead, he spoke in a quiet voice, "Just keep him safe." 

Keith furrowed his eyebrows, eyeing Lance. Was there something he knew that Keith didn't? Or was it just Lance worrying more than he normally did?

"Keith, Liam." 

Kora looked at her twin as Kolivan called out for the two. She watched as he licked his lips, before nodding slightly. She watched as Liam turned to her, giving her a small smile, raising a hand to squeeze her shoulder. She watched as he began to walk away from her, Georgia latching onto his leg, not letting him walk forward. 

"Papa? What's wrong?" 

"I'm just thinking..." Lance spoke, staring out into the black void  as they passed a planet. 

"About what?" Kora tilted her head, taking a seat next to Lance, pulling her knees to her chest, resting her chin on them. 

"Last time your father left with the Blade of Marmora, he was gone for a year." He looked at his daughter, watching as she also stared into space, "I just wonder if I should argue with Keith on leaving or not."

"But it's not the same fight." Kora responded, glancing over at Lance, "You were fighting Zarkon. And then you had to deal with Haggar. We're only fighting one person." 

Lance didn't have the heart to tell her Lilith was much stronger than his former enemies. Nor did he have the heart to tell her he once died. Those two things, were the only secrets he kept from both children. 

Kora watched as Keith and Liam both waved to their family before entering the ship, not knowing when the next time she would see them would be. It was then when she felt herself tear into two. Knowing half of her was leaving with him. With her brother. 

"Kora. I know you and your brother are closer than you have been before, and I know the bond the two of you have is stronger than any other sibling out there, stronger than Lance and I's." Veronica knelt behind her niece, her hands resting on Kora's shoulders. "But at least you know where he is, and who is he with. You know he's safe and has plenty of people to protect him. So for now, let's try not to worry about him, about the both of them." 

Kora had almost forgot about the pain her aunt went through when her father disappeared. The worry, the fear. She knew nothing. She didn't know where Lance was, if he was alive, if he was dead, if he was eating or even if he was safe. But Kora. Kora did know where her brother was, she knew the answers that Veronica never got until years later. 

But there was a secret Kora had told Liam, and her twin was the only one who could help her get through it. She had told them they were gone, that she could sleep peacefully during the night. But she lied.

How was she going to get through the nightmares without her brother there to help her?

. . . .

She sat in the training room with the other kids, all of their eyes closed. In the distance, she could hear Coran in the background, speaking to the adults who were currently in their Lions, also training. 

She kind of felt bad for the older man, having to run both training session's, despite Shiro and Lance clearly stating they didn't need to be watched and could train on their own. But Coran must've hung out with to many children back on Earth because he looked at the two and just said 'Yolo.'

Kora giggled at the memory, watching as the adults stopped in their tracks and raised a brow at the man while Allura tilted her head to the side, looking as she was trying to remember what the word meant, all while the kids either cringed or snickered. Or even Georgia who let out a loud laugh and grabbed Lance's shoe, her other hand smacking against Shiro's leg. 

"Kora, you're getting off track again," Jade stated, peeling an eye open as Kora opened hers. 

"Sorry," Kora gave her a small smile, before tilting her head a little to look at Coran, "But maybe we should check on Coran? He looks like he's going to tear himself apart trying to keep on eye on us and our parents."

Jade looked back at Coran. He was massaging his forehead with his fingers, a headset covering his ears, sweat beating down his forehead as he took a seat. 

"Yeah, you're right," Jade bit her lip, holding back a chuckle, "Maybe we should take a break." 

"Papa and the other's don't need to be watched anymore," Kora shrugged. "They went how many years fighting with the Lion's?" 

"They got a large gap though," Jade pointed out as she got off of the ground. "Like an eighteen year gap."

"My Dad didn't," Kora wiped her hands on her pants. "He continuously trained." 

"But he's Keith," Jade said, crossing her arms. "He's always training." 

"Point taken."