Chapter 16

Unedited

Warnings: Violence

Enjoy~~~~

"Where's Liam?" Keith asked as he entered the control room.

"In the training room." Lance answered as he held Georgia who was slowly falling asleep.

"He's been training ever since Lance and Kora were captured." Shay said sadly. "He's barely sleeping, eating. Heck, he's always in the training room."

"You know who that sounds like?" Pidge questioned as everyone looked at Keith.

"What- I wasn't always in the training room!" Keith defended.

"Yeah sure. Whatever you say mullet man." Lance said sarcastically.

"We're heading out in a few." Hunk said.

"I'm going to check on Liam." Keith sighed as he left.

Lance watched Keith walk out of the room as Georgia cuddled into his chest.

"Stop being a perv." Pidge mumbled hitting Lance upside his head.

"Ow! I wasn't being a perv! I was just admiring my husband." Lance replied with a smirk.

"Perv."

~~~~

"Start level three." Liam demanded.

Another robot appeared and quickly moved towards Liam.

The boy shot forward dodging every hit.

Keith entered the training room. Instead of stopping his son, he took a seat and watched his son.

Liam shot at the robot and surprisingly, managed to change Lance's bayard into different types of weapons.

Gun to a sword. Sword to an axe. Axe to a staff.

Keith was impressed. But he was more proud.

Liam panted as he took down the bot.

"Start training-"

"Liam." Keith stopped him.

"Oh hi dad. I didn't even see you there." Liam mumbled rubbing his neck.

"How did you manage to change weapons?" Keith questioned.

Liam shrugged. "It just happened."

"Are you okay?" Keith asked getting serious.

Liam shrugged. "I don't know. It feels like it's been forever since I seen Kora last. Well, when she wasn't in a healing pod. I miss her. I wish, I could've helped."

"I'm sorry Liam." Keith mumbled feeling guilty, after all it was his decision to keep his son away from the fight. "But you know it was for your own good. We didn't want you to get hurt."

"I'm going to get hurt at some point!" Liam exclaimed. "It's going to happen! What's the point of being part of Voltron when I can't even go on missions! I'm 16 dad! You can't keep holding me back! The others get to do other things! Even Kora gets into fights more often then I do! And where am I? Stuck on the sidelines just like every other time! I feel useless! And I hate it!"

"Liam-"

"No dad! You don't understand!" Liam shouted as he left the room.

"Liam!" Keith called after him.

But his son didn't answer and kept on walking.

Keith groaned and placed his head in his hands.

"I'm an awful dad." The male mumbled.