Chapter 20

Unedited

Enjoy~~~~

"I miss Earth." Kora mumbled as she lied in bed. "I miss the grass, the rain, the sun. I miss going to school, surprisingly. I miss seeing Alec everyday."

Kora let out a quiet sigh as she got out of bed, trying not to wake up Jade and Juno in the process.

It's been hours since her and the others were sent to bed. But for some reason, Kora just couldn't sleep. She was constantly tossing and turning.

The girl quietly but quickly grabbed her blade off of the nightstand next to the bunk bed, and left the room.

She made her way down to the training deck making sure was quiet.

~~~~

"Has anyone seen Kora?" Jade questioned as she walked into the dining room. "She wasn't there when I woke up. Which is weird considering she's always sleeping when I get up."

Juno nodded. "She wasn't there when I got up either."

"She has to be in the ship somewhere." Keith replied. "Let's split up."

"I'll take Georgia with me." Allura smiled picking the baby up. "We'll go check the camera's."

Everyone nodded and went their separate ways.

Lance let out a sigh as he walked to the training deck. "If she could be any more like Keith, she should be in here."

The door opened to reveal the training deck.

"KitKat? You in here?" Lance called out as he walked further into the training room.

"I WASN'T SLEEPING!" Kora shouted as she shot off of the bench.

Lance frowned. "Did you get any sleep last night?"

Kora didn't say anything as she sat back on the bench and stared at the floor.

"Kora?" Lance questioned softly. "What's wrong?"

Kora looked up at her Papa. "I just." The girl took a shakey breath as she wrapped her arms around herself. "I miss Earth. I miss the beach, the sun, the rain, the grass. McDonalds. Everything. Heck, I-I even miss going to school."

"I get it." Lance said taking a seat next to his daughter. "You're homesick. We all get this way. When I was your age, out in space fighting Zarkon I was homesick. It's alright to feel homesick. We all get it sometimes."

Kora nodded with a small sniffle as she cuddled into Lance's chest.

"You'll be okay." Lance whispered as rubbed the girls back. "It's going to be okay. We're all here."

~~~~

"I didn't find her."

"Neither did I."

"Wait. Where's Lance?"

"Where was he checking?" Keith questioned.

"The training deck area." Pidge answered.

"That's where we'll look!" Shiro stated as they all headed towards the training deck.

What they walked into melted Keith's heart.

Kora was cuddled against Lance's chest as the two slept soundly on the bench.

"Babe? Kora?" Keith questioned as he shook them awake.

Kora didn't budge but Lance did.

"Stop trying to steal my daughter." Lance growled as he shifted.

Keith stifled a laugh. "Babe. Go take Kora to her room or something. You'll get backaches if you sleep there."

"Fine." Lance groaned as he picked Kora up. "I'll just put her in our room."

"I think we should meet in the control room and talk about what's going to happen next." Shiro said.

"Meeting in 5."

~~~~~

"Are you sure we should send the kids?" Lance asked. "Are they ready for that?"

"Well, they are going to be the future aren't they?" Shiro said. "It's just one time. Give them a shot."

"Love, do you really think that's a good idea?" Adam asked placing a hand on Shiro's back.

Keith stood with his arms crossed as he stared at the ground. In a way, he agreed with Shiro. The kids should go out on their own. But after everything that has been happening, he couldn't help but feel as if something would happen.

"Come on you guys." Jade spoke up. "It's just one time. If it goes wrong, than we won't do it again until we've had more training."

"Fine." Keith said. "But if something goes wrong, we'll be there fast."

Kora nodded and gave her brother a high five. "Let's do this!"

~~~

"This place reeks."

The parents, Allura and Coran stood in the main control room, watching the screen as the teenagers scoped out a ship.

"It smells like blood." Kora muttered as she bent down to touch the red on the ground. "It's fresh."

Keith tensed up.

Lance noticed and wrapped an arm around his husband.

"Split up." Jade spoke. "Kora, Liam and Owen go together, take Kosmo with you as well. Juno, Devin and I. Keep each other updated. You spot something, you say it. Even if it's the smallest thing."

The teenagers, and the parents thought it would be best for Juno to go along. Just because she didn't have a lion, doesn't mean she couldn't be apart of Voltron.

Teens point of views

"Liam." Kora whispered pointing at the trail of blood.

"We have to follow it." Owen spoke. "You said it was fresh. We could have a chance to save the person."

Liam nodded in agreement. "Let's go."

Kora let out a whimper, the more they walked, the more blood they seen.

"This is a lot of blood." Kora said shakily as she dragged her finger through the blood on the wall. "There's no way this person-"

Kora let a scream making Owen and Liam shoot around to see what was going on.

Kora was pale as a ghost. With shaky hand she pointed in the corner.

"What the hell is that?" Liam questioned raising his weapon.

There was some sort of creature hovering over a body, eating it.

"Kora?! Are you alright?! What's going on?!" Keith's frantic voice rang through. "Liam! Owen?!"

"We're okay." Owen mumbled. "Well, Kora may not be okay."

Kora lunged forward making Liam shout at his sister to stop.

"Kora! Don't!"

The girl didn't listen.

"KOSMO!" Liam cried. "GET PAPA AND DAD!"

The wolf disappeared, following Liam's instructions.

"Kora come on!" Owen shouted. "We can't fight that!"

"Kora!" Liam called out. "Let's go!"

"No!" Kora finally shouted. "I'm not- I can't!"

"Kora!"

"Come on!"

"Poor little Kora." A voice rang out causing the three teenagers to freeze. "Can't handle seeing someone she knows being torn apart in front of her."

"Where is he Lilith!?" Kora demanded.

"Where's Alec!?"