Chapter 12. (Part 1)

~Bethany~

Pulling up to the doctor's office, I took a deep breath before calling August two more times.

Still no answer.

I rolled my eyes and walked inside.

After checking in, I waited for the doctor to call my name.

I looked around the waiting room and saw a few women just like me.

Pregnant and alone.

Except for this one couple.

They're both smiling down into a stroller and the man had his one hand on the woman's bulging belly while his other arm was wrapped around her shoulders protectively.

Damn, why can't I have that?

I'm taken from my thoughts when the nurse told me the doctor was ready for me.

I start to wait for August but change my mind.

If he's not here already, he's not coming.

The nurse ushered me into a clean white room and handed me a hospital gown to change into, before leaving.

After changing, I laid back on to the bed nervously.

This would be my first OB/GYN visit, afterall.

Hell, this was my first everything.

First pregnancy.

First time having a 'baby daddy'.

First time being stood up by said baby daddy for our child's appointment.

I try to take deep breaths as the doctor walks in and smiled at me, showing his straight teeth.

Damn.

This man is too fine.

Tall, bright-skinned, and buff.

Just how I like 'em.

Lord knows what I would do to him...

That's what got you here in the first place.

"Hello, Ms.-" He peeked down at his chart. "Ms. Stanton. I'm Dr. Daniels and I'll be your doctor for this examination. If you're ready we can began."

I smiled and nod politely at him until he slides on gloves, and places my feet in the stirrups after raising my gown.

My eyes widened as I realized exactly where this man would be putting his hands and I slowly slid my legs closed.

He chuckled.

"Relax ma'am. It's mandatory." He smiled reassuringly at me. "Plus I've been doing this for over ten years, and I'm gay so no need to be uncomfortable."

He winked and repositioned my legs.

I released a nervous laugh and tried to relax.

"I'm only checking for any tearing or abnormalities so it shouldn't take long."

I felt his hands at my entrance and I tensed immediately.

He chuckled lightly and tried to make me comfortable by talking to me.

"So the father is..?"

"Not here like he should be." I mumbled and he nodded in understanding.

I don't know why but I kept talking.

"We're not exactly on good terms right now. We kind of had an argument this morning." I sighed. "He was an ex of mine from high school. We didn't exactly end on good terms then either."

Before I knew it, he had thrown away his gloves and was passing me my clothes.

"That's it?" I questioned, standing up. "That wasn't what I expected."

He stepped out as I got dressed, then knocked and remembered.

"Actually," He gestured back to the table I was previously laying on, "you still need an ultrasound so we can check on your baby."

I cringed when he says the words your and baby.

"Okay. Do I need to undress again?" I groaned.

This pregnancy had been killer on my wardrobe.

I knew I would be getting bigger but damn.

I barely found clothes to fit this morning and I wasn't even fully 3 months yet.

He laughed and shook his head.

"No ma'am, just lay down and raise your dress up over your stomach please."

I do as told and he placed the hospital gown over my lower half.

He turned on a little tv-like screen and turned to me with a little tube.

"Now, this may be a little cold so," He smiled, "brace yourself."

I snickered and said, "Oh please. I've had a whole bucket of ice water dumped on me. I think I can handle a little collll-Oooooh that's cold!" I squealed.

He laughed as I squirmed around on the bed.

"Relax."

He ran a wand across my stomach and I giggled.

It tickled.

Suddenly the black screen started showing a video of something moving.

"Why are you showing me a video?" I looked from the screen to him, confused.

"It's not a video." He chuckled and pointed at the screen. "That's your baby."

I gasped.

They say that a woman's first time seeing her child is one of the best days of her life and I saw why.

I'd never seen a live unborn child before...

Especially not my live unborn child.

I didn't realize I was crying until he handed me a tissue.

"Those are tears of joy I'm hoping?" He jokes lightly. "It's natural to cry at this sort of thing."

I tried to form words to speak but my voice cracked so I simply nodded. dabbing my eyes with the tissue.

"C-can I have a p-p-pic-"  I cleared my throat to try again but he held his hand up.

"Yes you'll receive your ultrasound pictures along with your next appointment date. Would you like to know the sex?"

I moved my gaze to the screen.

That's my baby on that screen.

Hopefully he/she will meet their father if he's at their birth.

I knew I probably shouldn't have make this decision without August.

Even though I really wanted to give him a much needed ass whipping right now, he was still this baby's father.

I nodded slowly. "Yes, I would."