Chapter 30.

(Veronica in the picture!)

~Bethany~

Once I got within 20 feet of my parents, I sat at a nearby picnic table so they wouldn'tsee my stomach.

"Aunt Bethany!" My 8-year old niece Lacy squealed as she ran towards me.

My family all turned in my direction, some smiling.

Well so much for sneaking in unnoticed.

"Hey Lacy." She started to sit in my lap until she saw my stomach and her eyes widen. "Hun, where's your dad?"

"Here I aaaam!"

I pressed a finger to my lips and smiled when she did the same, skipping away.

A tall man began walking towards me smirking and I smiled big.

"Hey Christopher." He leaned down and hugged me.

"Sup Bethany." He smiled again.

Chris and I were pretty close.

It's just the bitch he married to that kept us from communicating as much.

"Bethany? Mom, dad, look who I found!"

Speak of the damn devil...

I watched my parents start to cross the park from the dance floor.

I faced her and forced a smile.

"Hey...Veronica." I remained seated as she held her arms out.

She poked her lip out.

"Now is that any way to treat your big sister? C'mon and gimme a biiiig hug."

If I get up now, they'll see my stomach...

But oh well, they'll have to know sooner or later.

I sighed and stood up.

Her face went from surprise to amusement.

"Well," She placed her hands on her hips. "We see what you've been up to."

"Damn, Bethany." Christopher mumbled." I thought you looked kind of different. How far along are you?"

"5 months and two weeks. I'm having a boy." I said, sitting back down.

My back was starting to bother me.

"Well motherhood looks great on you. Congratulations." He gave me another hug that lasted more than normal. "That ass is looking right too." He whispered in my ear chuckling.

I pulled away and laughed, slapping his arm.

"You're a trip, Chris."

Veronica mugged me when Chris isn't looking.

Bitch.

"Chris baby." Veronica pulled him to her, away from me. "I need your help with something."

She bit her lip seductively.

Gag me now.

"Sure babe, what is it?" He wrapped his arm around her shoulders.

She leaned in and started whispering in his ear.

I didn't have to read lips to know what she was saying.

The way he kept licking his lips and smiling told me everything I did not need to know.

"Yeah, we'll be right back!" He grabbed her hand and drags her towards the main building.