Chapter 23.

~August~

I opened my eyes and smiled, seeing Bethany beside me but on the other side of the bed.

I looked over at the clock.

8:30a.m.

Damn, a nigga was bored.

Bethany was still sleeping soundly so I decided to talk to someone else.

"Aye lil man." I whispered, placing my hand above her belly button. "How ya doing?"

I felt a small kick and smiled.

My nigga.

"Ima try my best to always be there fo' ya. If ya momma let me." I chuckled. "Mama and Daddy love you a lot lil man and we waitin til ya get here. Ya know you gone be spoiled right?" He kicked again. "Yeah and you gone be fine as hell like ya daddy."

I laughed quietly and kissed her stomach.

"Ight. Peace Lil Man." I slid back up beside Bethany and lay back, watching her sleep.

She was breathtaking.

I couldn't fuck this up again.

This girl was my soul and I'd be damned if I let anything change that.

This baby really had been a blessing for me.

"Aug." She mumbled with her eyes closed.

"Hm?"

"It's too early. Why are you staring at me?" She slowly opens her eyes.

"Why you laying way over there?" I asked, looking away from her eyes.

Them damn eyes would have my ass whipped.

If she wasn't already pregnant...

"Cause." She started to turn over.

I pulled her close to me.

"Cause my ass." She laughed into my chest. "You know I luh you right?"

"I luh you too." She mocked me then looked up at me. "Can we talk now?"

"Let's eat breakfast first." I started to stand up but she held my arm.

"Um August..." She looked down.

"Yes Bethany?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I don't...I don't think I can walk." She blushed.

I smirked and busted out laughing.

"It's not funny!" She threw a pillow at me and pouted.

"If you think my tongue was bad, wait till I give ya this hea dick. Gone have you Augdicted." I bit my lip and she squirmed.

I laughed again and grabbed her into my arms.

"August!" She giggled."Oh my gosh! Do NOT drop me!"

I acted like I'm falling and she squeaked and tightened her hold on my shoulders.

"Damn, Bethany." I started to walk down the stairs. "I knew you was strong but gah'damn. Just wait till you actually giving birth. I'm gon lose all feelin in my hand."

"Shut up." She laughed.

I walked into the kitchen and sat her on the counter while I got the ingredients out for breakfast.

"Um...sir? What do you think you're doing? Your ass can not cook."

I ignored her by turning my back and smiled as I started frying the bacon.