Chapter 2.

~Bethany~

I zoned out as my best friend Gabrielle went on and on about her and her current boyfriend.

"-and then he took me home after dinner and we-"

I zoned back in.

"Nope! Don't wanna hear it!"

She laughed and I could practically hear the smirk in her voice.

"Soo...did you get it in last night? Cause if not you need some. Grumpy self." She grumbled the last part.

I nodded with a roll of my eyes, forgetting she couldn't see me.

"I guess you could call those 5 minutes and 17 or so seconds 'getting it in'."

She busted out laughing loud through the phone.

"Gabby! Gone bust my eardrums." I held the phone away from my ear.

She calmed herself down after a while.

"Sorry. But how was it?"

"Fine." We both said simultaneously.

She sighed as I ran my hand down my face.

"Beth, girl if these one night stands aren't satisfying you..." She trailed off.

"What choice do I have, Gab? Obviously it's all they want from me!" I exclaimed.

"That doesn't mean you have to give it to them, Bethany." She said, trying to keep her voice level.

I stayed quiet for a while.

"What are you trying to say?"

She sighed again, louder this time, then said," Bethany, how many men have you slept with in the past month?"

Again, I was silent.

"Exactly. Too damn many." Gabby stated. "Why do you do this? You're smart, funny, and fine as hell. You don't deserve-"

"Well guess what, Gabrielle," I interrupted, losing my temper. "Not every one can have a good boyfriend who treats you right and loves you, okay? If you can't get aboard with me trying to be happy then get off the damn train. I'm so tired of you telling me 'oh you can do better than that' well guess what: this is as good as it gets for me."

"Just be careful." She whispered and I hung up, stomping into my closet.

I got dressed to do what I did best: Go out for a one night stand.

(Bethany in the picture!)