Chapter 12.(Part 2)

~Bethany~

After cleaning the gel from my stomach, the doctor left to print the ultrasound pictures.

I told him to make three: One for myself, one for August, and one...for my parents.

Who I had failed to tell they were going to be grandparents

My parents were religious and hated the idea of premarital sex/pregnancy.

Oh and another thing they hated was August.

Those two things together could make them both lose their minds.

Just as I pulled out my phone to call August again, I heard a nurse call out, "Sir, you can't go in there!" before he busted through the door

He looked truly horrible, the complete opposite of how he was when I saw him earlier.

His eyes were bloodshot and he reeked of liquor.

Back in high school, August had a bit of a drug and alcohol problem and almost got kicked out of school for smoking weed in the bathroom.

He'd always skip classes to go get 'fucked up' with his cousin Black, a local drug dealer, instead of dealing with his problems.

Once Black got arrested and sentenced to 15 years for possession of marijuana, August cleaned himself up.

He stopped the weed and alcohol and even managed to graduate high school.

All while getting the best friend of his then girlfriend pregnant.

Who just happened to be the skank of the school, Sylvia Parsons but we'll get to that later.

I watched as August, breathing heavily, stumbled over to me and gently pressed his hand on my stomach.

"Did I miss it?" He questions, quietly.

I moved his hand away and stood up.

"Everything has been taken care of. It's not like you care anyways." I snapped as he stared at me wide-eyed.

He shook his head slowly and took a long drink from the whiskey bottle I didn't realize he was holding.

I looked away from him and wrapped my arms around myself.

"How c-could you do that?" His voice cracked causing me to look at him.

Big mistake.

Tears streamed down his face and the way he looked makes me want to wrap my arms around him as I did last night.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, looking away from his pitiful face.

"You killed our baby, Bethany after everything I told you."

My eyes widened in realization.

He thinks I got an abortion.

"Wait, August no." I said as he shook his head again."August no I didn't-"

"Save it." He snapped at me, drinking from the bottle again.

Just then Dr. Daniels walks in with the pictures.

"Here are your pictures Ms. Stanton." He hands me the pictures and then looks at August. "And you are?"

"He's the father." I mumbled as August glared at him.

Out of nowhere, August chuckled and sat his bottle down, his back to us.

"You're the doctor that took care of it." He states.

Dr. Daniels gave me a look of confusion before turning to August and replying, "Well, I guess you could say tha-"

CRASH!

It happened so fast I barely see it.

Dr. Daniels looked from the smashed bottle of whiskey behind him to an angry August in front of him.

"You killed my damn seed!" August shouted, punching Dr. Daniels in the jaw. "That was my fucking kid! Who the fuck does that!?

I glanced down at the pictures and smiled sadly.

This baby couldn't be born at a worst time.

I frantically screamed at him to stop but he kept raining punches down on poor Dr.-

Aw damn, I thought Dr. Daniels was weak.

I watched as he caught August a couple of times in the stomach before standing up, apologizing to me and leaving.

I stared at August with tears in my eyes.

He was wheezing and trying desperately to go after Dr. Daniels.

"August." I said gently.

He glared at me, the pain evident in his eyes.

"You killed-"

"No!" I yelled fed up. "I didn't kill our child August! Could you just listen to me for once in your fucking life!?"

He remained silent but didn't look at me.

I deep a deep breath.

"This appointment was a check-up for our baby and where the fuck were you? Getting drunk?"I I looked at him in disgust. "You're so goddamn childish! You think you can solve everything with violence. If you had answered your fucking phone when I called, you could have been here to know that we're having a baby boy!"

I threw one of the the pictures at him.

He drops his head to look down at it and I see tears in his eyes.

I started to walk out then stopped.

"Why do you always have to fuck things up, August?" I whispered harshly. "I tried keeping you around for this little boy but after our child.."

I looked at him.

"After my child is born, I'll be moving. Away from all of this," I gestured to the damaged hospital room. "Away from you."

I left him to sulk in the room and went to the desk to set up my next appointment.

I also got Dr. Daniels' business card to get in contact with him later.

Dr. Samuel Daniels
OB/GYN
504 *** ****

On the way home, I let the sounds of K. Michelle's Can't Raise A Man sing my anger away.

Why can't anything ever just be good for once?

And why must I love someone I can't stand?

Hellooo ladies and gents!

Soo it's been revealed that Bethany and August will be having a little boy!

And I would love it if y'all could comment/message me first and middle names for him.

I have some but I want to know what you think.

Keep reading/voting/commenting please!

~•Dana•~