Chapter 24.

(Janice in the picture!)

~August~

I pulled into my father's driveway and turned the car off.

My relationship with my father was definitely not one I wanted to have with my own son.

He deserved better than that.

I sighed and walked up to the front door.

I rung the doorbell and shoved my hands into my pants pockets, waiting for him to open the door.

To my surprise, the person who opened the door wasn't my father.

"Auggie bear." They smirked.

"The fuck you doing here?" I mugged them hard as hell and dug deeper in my pocket.

Always come protected.

"I told you I wasn't leaving that easily, August." They opened the door wider. "Come on in."

~Bethany~

When August left, I called my beautician to see if she had any openings.

I hopped in the shower to freshen up.

August was acting kinda weird this morning.

What 'work' did he have?

I hoped he wasn't selling dope again.

I decided to just let it go.

My phone rung just as I stepped from the shower.

I grabbed a towel, sprinted into the room, and answered it on the last ring.

"Hello?" I tried catching my breath.

"Hey sweetheart."

"Oh. Dad. Hello." I rolled my eyes.

"You don't sound very happy to hear from me." He chuckled.

"No I'm actually very excited to hear from you...after 2 years." I said in the same monotone.

"Aww don't be like that. I've already apologized, darling." He sighed. "So you're bringing your boyfriend to the reunion right?"

I rolled my eyes.

Why didn't he let this shit go?

"Derek is just my friend, Dad." I sighed. "And yes, I'm bringing him."

"Oh. Well I hope he's a better boyfriend than that Auburn fellow." He scoffed. "I never understood why you dated that thug in the first place..."

"His name is August and is there a reason you called me?" I crossed my legs on the floor.

"Oh yes. The reunion has been moved up to tomorrow. Make sure and tell Darren! Goodbye honey!" He hung up before I can correct him.

Wow, way to give me a heads up Dad.

I really didn't need the stress of my parents right now.

I sighed and walked to the baby's room.

I picked out some joggers, a sweatshirt, and some blue Nike's.

It's then I noticed everything in this whole room is brand new.

I needed to ask August how he could afford all this later.

I grabbed my keys and started to leave the room but quickly ran into the bathroom.

Nature calls.

After taking care of my business, I finally made it to my car and drove to the beauty salon.

The minute I arrived, the receptionist jumped up and to rub my stomach.

"How is my baby?" She said to my stomach.

"I'm fine thanks for asking." I joked laughing.

She sucked her teeth. "I was talking to the baby, but how are you Bethany?"

"I'm fine I guess. I'm over halfway through my second trimester soo." I did a little dance.

She laughed. "Yaaas! Girl I feel you. You know Ima be the godmama right?"

"Yes Carmen." I laughed.

Just then someone walked through the front door and she raced back to her desk.

"Bye girl! Talk to ya lata'!"

I chuckled and went to sit in the waiting area.

Carmen was a real fool.

I was scrolling through my messages, when someone cleared their throat.

"Well look what we have here." She smirked.

"Sylvia."

Wellllll, something is definitely about to pop off!

•Who is August talking to?

•What's about to happen with Sylvia and Bethany?

Stay tuned!

~•Dana•~