Chapter 7.

~Bethany~

Upon opening my eyes, I was relieved to see I was at home.

Was all that stuff with August just a dream?

My head started hurting so I walked into the bathroom for some medicine.

It's not until I look in the mirror and saw the bandage on my forehead that I dropped the aspirin into the sink.

The world started spinning and I lost my breath.

I slid down to the floor, holding my head.

We didn't us a condom. August's words come back to me.

It was real, it was all real.

Suddenly, August was beside me with my inhaler.

He helped me take a couple puffs and rubbed my back until I could breathe calmly.

I glanced at him.

His eyes were bloodshot like he'd been crying for days but he gave me a small smile when he sees me looking at him.

"Was that...was that an asthma attack?" I whispered.

He nodded.

"You ain't had one of those since..." He trailed off.

"Since I found out Sylvia was pregnant...by you." I hissed, jerking away from him.

"Look, Bethany-"

"Why are you even here?" I questioned, standing up and walking out of the room.

He followed me.

"Bethany do you know how long you were in the hospital? You could have lost the baby."

I glared at him, then paused after opening my mouth.

"B-baby?" I whispered.

Suddenly, the other day's events come back to me again.

Me throwing up a lot, August saying he didn't use a condom, my trip to the ER.

I shook my head.

"No, no. August please, tell me you're kidding." I pleaded.

He shook his head slowly and I saw my sadness reflected into his eyes.

"I'm not kidding. Bethany you're pregnant, and I'm the father."