Braid for Xiao

Art credit: mine

Another typical night at Liyue, Xiao was patrolling the area, looking for any hillichurs he could have missed.

From afar he could see a figure among a group of hillichurs, Xiao first instinct is that the person is in danger.

So without thinking twice, he grab the figure by the hips and drag him out from the hillichurs. He hide the person inside a bush before finishing of the group of hillichurs.

Xiao sighed in relief as he turn back to see if the person he just saved is injured.

"huh-" Xiao was kinda surprised seeing that it's Venti that he has saved.

"Why are you- nevermind that, but why are you not protecting yourself among those hillichurs? Your an Archon for god sake" bunch of question is popping into Xiao mind but the most important thing is that he just saved someone who is perfectly capable of defending himself.

"Hah- *hiccup* you... Worried about me?" Venti said.

"Oh great your drunk" Xiao questions what did he do to deserve this.

"Heyy it's the full *hiccup* moon remember? *Hiccup* I need to play you a... The flute-" Venti pointed at the moon.

"Ah, it seems that I have forgotten about that" Xiao felt a little guilty making Venti comes all this way.

"But, at the condition you are now, you're not capable of playing any tunes are you?" Xiao looked at the drunkard poor state.

"Ding dong!" Venti say imitating the sound when someone got a question correct in a quiz.

"Ugh, such a pain. Wait here if I'm not mistaken Rex Lapis supposed to have a tea that can sober you up" Xiao say as he position Venti to sit properly.

"Nooo *hiccup* that blockhead... Sober tea recipe- *hiccup* takes 6 hours.. to make" Venti say as he gesture a no with his hand.

"How many did you drink anyway-" Xiao asked. Looking at how an Archon can be this drunk, it surely is not a bottle of two.

"Jean's birthday... *Hiccup* everything freeee!!!" Venti explained.

"Ugh just sit here ok? If Rex Lapis tea don't do any good a normal tea can tone it down a little bit right?" Xiao say as he looked at his surroundings for materials.

Xiao needs to go deeper into the wood to find some ingredients, he was worried for Venti at first, but looking at how he is peacefully sleeping, Xiao is not worried anymore...rather kinda disgusted.

After an hour or so, Xiao found some leafs and berries. He figure that he could use the small campfire that the belongs to the group of hillichurs he just killed.

Going back at the spot, Xiao was shocked to see how Venti is up and almost sober.

"Heya~" Venti waves his hand at Xiao.

"What- you're almost sober already?" Xiao asked as he move toward the campfire to boil the tea. He thought that with this tea Venti can be fully sober and deliver his flute songs flawlessly.

"Of course I'm almost sober, you take too long" Venti say before adding "just like that old man" referring to Zhongli.

"Here drink this" Xiao handed a cup of tea to Venti.

"Oh? You know how to make tea? Thank you then" Venti takes a sip before spitting the water out right away.

"Eww- what did you put in this?" Venti is for once concerned about what's going on inside Xiao mind when he make this.

"Leafs, berries, and water" Xiao answered seriously.

"Um don't you know that you need Tea Leaf to make a tea?" Venti asked again.

"Really?" Xiao wonder what's so wrong about his tea.

Suddenly Venti burst into laughter "hah- hahahhahshaha... Ha... You, the conqueror of demons, don't even know the ingredients to a simple tea?" Venti said before laughing some more.

"Its not like you're any more talented other than getting drunk and playing music" Xiao tried to make a comeback.

"Huh? I'm sorry but I do infact- have many talents one of which I can make very beautiful braids" Venti pointed at his two braids.

"Oh speaking of braids your hair length is quiet amazing, say- could I help you make a braid?" Venti added.

"What? No-" Xiao answer almost immediately before getting cut off by Venti.

"I don't take no as an answer unfortunately" Venti say before a breeze of wind looking so delicate people think it harmless come and tied Xiao hand.

Venti don't know why he does this, but he just know he must see Xiao in a braid.

"Release me" Xiao ordered.

Venti calmly walk toward him and petted his hair before getting started with the braid. He completely ignore Xiao.

Xiao on the other hand feel more and more attached to this, Venti petting his head and playing with his hair feel nice and comfortable.

After a few minutes, "andd there we go!" Venti exclaimed as he let out Xiao hand from the wind chain.

"To top It all of with a beautiful Cecilia" Venti added reaching out into his bag for the flower and putting it on top of Xiao head.

Xiao look at a puddle of water to see what he look like
"I look foolish."
Venti is kinda pissed at how someone can answer some things in such a monotone voice.

"Nu-uh you look nice, kinda cute if I would say" Venti say comforting Xiao.

"Whatdidyoujustsay-" Xiao stare at Venti straight into his eye.

"Uh anyway about the flute, I'm fully sober now so let's get started" Venti pulled out a flute from his bag and start playing it.

Xiao sighed and sit down near a rock, listening to the tunes, he thought, surely this bard is a handful but I somehow enjoy his company...

Notes: Yoo I'm super sleepy while I was writing this so if you find something weird with the story just tell me ok :)