side story part 2

The first quest of their little adventure is "Find the boy who raised by wolves." The traveller said it's in Mondstadt so Xiao instinctively look towards Venti.

"Any place with wolves?" He asked.

Venti form a mischievous grin, "Well of course my dearest! In fact I have a good old pal that happens to be one of the four winds that oversee Wolvendom, the only place where you can find wild pack of wolves in Mondstadt!" He explained proudly.

'Dearest huh?' Xiao attention focus on that more then the other information Venti just provided. As a Yaksha, he have always done his work in the dark, not expecting any gratitude or attention. But to know he is held important to another being makes his heart beat fast. The emotions he felt is just the same as when he was getting to know Venti but even after all those time he can never get use to the feeling. In fact, he doesn't want to get use to it. Because then he gets to fall in love with Venti over and over again.

Xiao follow Venti as he tales the lead to their destination, Wolvendom. Xiao cheeks is hot and slightly pink can be seen but he tries to hide it because he knew if Venti found out he will keep calling him dearest over and over again to tease him. Sure that would make him overjoyed but his heart would explode out of his chest in seconds.

"One of the four winds huh?" Xiao tries to distract Venti from noticing his blush.

"Yea! A wolf spirit named Andrius, he's big and fluffy! If anyone know about Wolvendom or even more the pack of wolves that live there it's him. So cmon walk faster let's go!" Venti giggles as he pull Xiao arm, leading him through the twist and turns of the forest. Both of their feet feels light like a feather, swiftly moving and getting faster each second. It must be Venti power in play, he is the god of anemo after all. But who knew he also have the powers to make it seems like the world is in slow motion and the two of them are the only ones in motion, everything else feels far away and unimportant. Xiao didn't care about the trees and animals they're passing by in the forest, he can only focus on Venti.

But Xiao can't help but get curious too, he's about to meet on of the four winds after all. They're the same as yakshas and adepties that serve Morax, the four winds serve Barbatos. What kind of person..or rather spirit is he like? What kind of spirit that serve for Barbatos is like?

Venti is a kind person for all he know, so the one he trust in must be the same right?

Or so Xiao thought.

"What are you doing in my domain, Barbatos?" The voice of the incredibly large wolf shock the platform that they're standing on. That alone is enough to break all of Xiao expectations. In liyue, NO one dared to claim something as theirs in front of an Archon. And the tone he said that in...it sound annoyed? Haven't they not met for a long time? Why does he sound so offended when all Venti have done is show his face...

"OLD PAL!! I haven't meet you in a long time!!! Miss me?" Venti ignore the hostility that Andrius gave off a few seconds ago and go in, arms wide open for a hug.

"Get your drunkard face away from me" Andrius stated, moving away from Venti's incoming hug. "If you have the time to goof around, then use it to do your job." He added in a much colder tone.

Xiao didn't know what to do. He should stand up for Venti as his lover right? But at the same time what Andrius said is not far fetched...

Though Venti have mentioned several time that he is interested in ruling Mondstadt, he's still actively worshiped by people of Mondstadt. Plus compared to Zhongli who's retired, Venti didn't stated that he's doing the same and countinue being the Anemo archon even without his gnosis. Still, HE'S A PERSON WITH THE MOST FREE TIME IN TEVYAT!! Xiao didn't noticed this before but Venti have always been the one reaching out to him first, and even if Xiao the one who wants to meet him he'll come by in a flash...