21: Bringing the idiom together

Heyo my precious beans, in case you didn't realise, its basically the straw that broke the camels back, the straw being Izuku taking Tomura's hands, the camel being the corrupt HC and the breaking being... well you'll see

The night passed quickly after Izuku walked in on Mei frantically pacing their already packed up apartment. After hearing the news apparently Mei wasn't even fazed but the fact Izuku didn't return definitely put her on edge. So when the smol green bean finally returned home and Mei had smothered her enough, Mei proceeded to pass out from her worrying exhaustion.

The sun rose with the two leaving their apartment at the same time, bubble waffles in hand as they made their way to school. 

They were luckily saved from reporters as the incident had scared them all back into the legal and proper channels. But they weren't out of the sea of problems that seemed to dominate their lives just yet and both could feel it.

'Izu?' The pink haired girl asked shaking

'Yes Mei?'

'You've still got the translocator right?'

'Yes, you feel it too don't you?'

'The overwhelming sense of dread of foreboding, threatening to destroy the life we managed to scrounge together? No why do you ask?' 

Izuku looked around swiftly, confirming their isolation before pulling off her goop mask and pecking Mei on the lips. After giving another reassuring smile she put the goop headpiece back on and picked up the now smaller girl. 'Hehe, you always know how to make me feel better Izu.'

'And you being with me does the same Mei.'

Mei giggled and continued to hug her hero girlfriend before arriving at her personal support lab... with the door wide open. The girls shared a quick glance before Izuku set her down several feet from the opened door, opening it slowly. 

The creaking did nothing to calm the two down and when the lights suddenly flicked on they both jumped back into the empty space behind them.

'Oh dear, sorry girls I didn't mean to frighten you.'

Izuku let out a rough-voiced sigh, 'Oh thank Rai, It's only you uncle.'

'No, no' The principal said walking out of the office, 'I do apologise, I've been waiting to give you some quite dire news, so please follow me.'

The two girls glanced at each other before nodding and following the chimera to his office, taking their seats quietly(Izuku ungooped), tensed from the atmosphere acquired in the eerily quiet office, aside from the tea being poured of course. The white-furred beast took a sip of tea before continuing.

'I regret to inform you both of a horrific law that as of last night, is now in play.' He looked both of them directly in their eyes, 'All quirkless people will now be branded, a the mathematical null symbol burnt into their right hands, on the other side to the palm. Now Izuku here is safe as she technically has a quirk but...'

(^ In case you don't know what it looks like)

'RAI' Izuku/Venom yelled jumping up

'Yes... I've been unable to get in contact with him and the worst part is the force they put together... to forcefully brand those already in the world.'

Izuku looked at her uncle, teary eyed as Mei sat there in shock, 'UNCLE WHY DIDN'T YOU STOP THEM'

He sighed, 'They pulled one over on me, by the time I was even informed, the act was already passed... how they got it through still amazes me but...'

'Izuku!' Mei yelled interrupting, 'WHO CARES! You've got a destination at Rai's house GO.' Izuku looked at the pleading girl, 'Please, I can't lose him, you can't lose him... he's one of the most important people in our lives.'

Izuku nodded, gearing up with the unusually silent symbiote before disappearing with a small pop.

Nezu just sat there dumbfounded, his niece just broke the laws of physics like quirks did. He really needed to get an IQ test for her and Mei. But the first thing for him was calming the pink haired girl down.

'Now Mei, please have some tea and don't worry. I'm sure everything will be ok.'

------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile over in the place where Izuku was first shown love from a human in well over a decade, said girl was standing in the hallway she'd come to adore, with the front-door ajar, letting the sun creep into the dark and hostile house.

'Rai?' She called out into the abyss, 'Rai, it's me Izuku are you there?'

She got nothing but wind and silence for a minute, prompting her to edge forward slowly. Though she quickly stopped again when she heard pained groans and large bodily thumps.

'RAI' She screamed, bolting forwards towards the sounds, straight through anything in her path, sofas, walls, stairs, ceilings. All were holed through, leaving a trail of dust and plastered powder. Once it set, Izuku was clearly visible beside a semi-conscious Rai, feeding some of Venom into him to try and fight off the infection left by the fresh deep wound

'Kid' Venom spoke up for the first time that day, 'Please calm down.' Izuku just turned her uncovered head over to the newly formed one before breaking down into tears. Venom sighed but continued, 'Kid, I'm sorry I truly am but I will not heal this scar.'

'W-W-WHY'

'If the come for him again, I'm not sure he'll survive kid, the man's older than you, he can't bounce back as well.'

'So-So you're doing this t-t-to protect him?'

'Yes'

'THANK YOU' She yelled before collapsing.

Venom just sighed, engulfing the girl while growing to his uncontrolled form. He glanced down at the frail man he and his host had grown to love so much before slinging him over his shoulder and making his way back to U.A. leaving the translocator destination pod there just in case.

Venom did glance back at the house just once, before saying, 'I truly hope you live a long life old man, I don't know what either of us would do without you.'