Chapter 15

Amaya POV

I called the girls up right as I processed everything. Telling them they need to head back here right now. Luckily Kaida hadn't dropped Jade off so she just turned around and came back.

"Whats so urgent?" Kaida asked, looking kind of worried. 

"Damiana answered our questions." Kaida looked even more confused so I told them all to get in the car. I don't know what happened at Damianas so someone could be listening. "Damiana and I were trying to figure out what our protection spell protects, and not only did she find out but its a perfectly good reason for Lazarus to pop back up." The girls are practically sitting on the edges of their seats, urging me to continue. " Our town is a power source. If you perform rituals in a specific place it boost the spell times ten. Which could cover most of Washington state, depending on how powerful the Witch or Warlock is." 

"And you think that's what Lazarus is trying to do?" I nod frantically.

"His tattoo was a raising hell tattoo, she also looked into that and even sketched the images she saw. Kaida his plan is to literally raise hell." Kaida looks panicked but when I glance at Jade she looks to be deep in thought. 

"But how sure are we?" Jade asks, "Like what about Azazel? WHere does he play a part in this?" I flip through the pages finding Damianas take on it.

"He's a distraction, or Lazarus thought he would be puppet since you have to summon Fallen angels, but these are just guesses." Jade nods along and Kaida grows pale.

"Wait so Azazel is the distraction so Lazarus can get more information, right?" I shrug.

"Thats what I'm guessing, it makes the most sense doesn't it? Like why else would he have called him in?"  Kaida nods, trailing off in thought.

"We should cast protection spells on our house, even if we turn out to be wrong and its not Lazarus, we don't want someone else to go missing." We all agree, and decide we'll do it all together, so if something happens we will all know, since we would all be linked to the spell. 

Starting and Kaidas we take our time grabbing herbs and all the purifying candles needed. Its a simple ritual, one of the first ones we were taught but to make it strong it takes a lot of concentration. Not only that but we're doing it multiple times today, just to make sure everyone is protected. 

We take turns lighting the candles, chanting the sacred words as we make our way clockwise around Kaida's house. The silver string that begins to encircle her house grows as we chant louder and faster, giving it strength with our confidence and power. After the fifth chant the spell has fully formed, creating a bubble around Kaida's home.

"Now time to repeat two more times!" I shout as we laugh and head off to our cars.

Lazarus POV

Fuck, I wish they were stupider, they have cast protection spells that let them know when someone as forced their way in. I'm going to have to rethink my plan. 

It also doesn't help that Aether is mad at them, so she's not even giving me information, she just comes home crying all the time. Makes me miss being on my own honestly, she's more annoying than anything else. 

Also should I just forget about Damiana? Just leave her tied up there and forget? I think if I go back there frequently someone will catch on, so forgetting about her might just be the best idea. Not only is it the best idea, but it saves me the most trouble AND she can't be giving the other girls more information. Wow, I really am intelligent.