Chapter 16

Azazel POV

Kaida agreed to go on a second date, but my mind is going haywire right now. On one hand I couldn't be happier, but on the other I wish it was on my terms. 

Lazarus has decided hes going to try and break the protection spell that surrounds Kaida's house, no matter how many times I try to convince him that its a bad idea. I feel as if I've betrayed her by letting him do such a thing. I'm trying to come up with an idea that would make it possible for us to stay at her house without it becoming suspicious, but so far I've come up with nothing. God I hope I come up with something.

Amaya's POV

Kaida and I are doing our weekly lunch date in town well she waits for more information on tonight's date with Azazel. I was expecting her to seem more excited but she keeps getting distracted, not her usual chatty self. 

She finally gets a ping, but she seems confused as she reads the message.  

"He wants to do a stay in date, like at my place." Her brows knit together as she responds. Sighing she puts her phone down. "My house is a disaster, I hope I can talk him out of it." She mumbles something to her self before aggressively typing away at her phone. Sighing I just continue to sip my coffee, not wanting to bother her.

I have a lot I want to ask, but every time I try or I do she quickly changes the topic or ignores my question all together. I'm beginning to worry because not only is she doing all of that she's almost completely isolated herself. It makes me miss Damiana even more. 

I'm trying so hard to find a clue from Damiana's house but nothing has come up. I'm really just waiting around for Eclipse. Maybe she'll show up and lead the way, but I'm thinking about bringing Tala there today well Kaida has her date.  Which from the sound of it, will be happening soon. 

Kaida huffs before starting to gather her things. "I'm sorry Amaya, I have to head out a little early Azazel is being kinda weird." I wave her off, standing up to give her a hug.

"Its okay, I'll see you later, okay?" She smiles, waving as she heads out to her car. 

I send Jade a quick text, letting her knows I'm going to look around at Damiana's just so someone knows where I am. I pay the bill and run off to grab Tala before heading to Damiana's.

Tala and I wander around, going over the same clues over and over again. We havent found anything new in weeks. My guess is the guy didn't hangout, just grabbed and run. I guess we did find something, because I noticed Eclipse has less food in her bowl this time, but Tala could also have stolen some when I wasn't looking. I take a seat on the front step, Tala sitting beside me. I'm staring off into space when I see a black fur ball in the corner. Turning towards it I see Eclipse waltzing towards me. 

"Eclipse!" I shout, which she responds with a small meow. "Wheres Damiana sweetheart?" I give her little scratches behind her ears as she rubs against me. 

She starts to walk off, looking back occasionally to make sure we're following. Leading me through the trees and brush, Tala following shortly behind me.

We're trudging through the mud and moving branch after branch before we finally make it to a little shack. A light seems to flicker on as I step forward, I'm frozen in my tracks as I see a shadow moving around through a window. I try my best to listen but the only word I hear is Azazel. I hold my breath, hoping it'll make less noise. I try to shrink back more so whoever is in there won't see me. 

I feel good about my hiding spot right as the front door swings open. A man storms out, his shoulders tense and his voice sharp as he talks to what seems to be a large bird. 

"Ares, these fucking idiots can't get anything done. Like I summoned that dumbass fallen angel and he won't even do what I told him to do." I automatically make the connection, but the tattoos that Damiana had described to me are a dead give away as they are spread across his arms.

"Lazarus." I barely whisper, but he seems to hear me as he whips around. Scanning the trees quickly before rolling his eyes and continuing forwards. Once I'm sure hes gone I rush back to Damiana's, Tala at my heel.

"I promise I'll come get her tomorrow, but going by myself sounds like a good way to die." I whisper down to Eclipse as I pick up my pace. 

I finally get to my car, not wasting a second as I pull out of the drive way, rushing to Kaida's to tell her my new discovery. Speeding over there I completely forget she's supposed to be on a date, well that is until I start down her drive way to see her storming off, looking more annoyed than ever. 

I park farther than normal, deciding to give her some space before I approach her. I see Azazel though, looking frustrated as he paces back and forth. I want to bring up what I saw, tell him I know, but more than anything I just want to find out what happened. 

I shush Tala before sneaking out of my car, making my way towards him through the bushes. I guess I really like snooping tonight. 

As I get closer to him I see him hit his knees, his face buried in his hands.

"Fuckkkk!" He screams, more at the sky than anything else. "Why?!" He seems angry as he pulls at his hair. He shoots his hand in the air, almost shoving his finger to the sky, and his voice goes soft. "What did I do? I have tried everything to prove my self worthy." He seems to sob, his shoulders shaking. "What do I need to do to break this? I just want her to love me, I want to fix things." He wipes his eyes.

"Gods I want to help her, I'm so sick of being alone and I'm sick of being the bad guy. These girls, fuck they're what I needed, especially her." He looks off towards Kaida's house. "I fucked up, agreeing to help Lazarus, but I want to fix things, I want to make things better." I almost gasp, both of admitted to working together. I have all the proof, I know they're working together. I step back carefully, making sure he doesn't hear me as I run off. Taking the side door into Kaida's I frantically start yelling her name as soon as I enter the living room.

"KAIDA! I FOUND HER!" I shout as I pace around her downstairs.

"What the hell is going on?" Kaida shouts as she storms out of her library. 

"I found her." I say, breathing heavily from my yelling.

"Really?" She seems shocked, as she rushes to me.

"Where?! How?! Lets go get her!" Kaida starts to pull at me before I stop her.

"There's more, but I want to tell everybody first, so tomorrow at seven pm, we are all going to meet at Damiana's and thats when we go get her, but lets not bring Aether, I'm afraid she'll tell Lazarus." Kaida nods frantically, he eyes wide.

"I'm glad she had been found, but how did you do it? We searched her entire house multiple times." I shrug.

"Eclipse helped." Kaida laughs a little shaking her head. Falling back on her couch she takes a deep breath.

"I guess that means we have one less thing to worry about then." I take a seat next to her.

"Amen"