Chapter 16

Okay, I have to start off by apologising profusely for the really late upload! I didn't mean to do it. It's just that there were so many differentways that I could have gone with this chapter and I didn't know which route to take so eventually I just kind of stopped thinking about it. Also, I was really worried because I didn't want Carter's and Samantha's relationship to move too fast but I made a move somewhere somehow and now they're talking and stuff...and basically it's all so complicated in my head right now.

I'll just get my head sorted out =) lol.

But I swear, I am so sorry to everyone and/or anyone who is reading this. I'd like to wish you all a happy holiday no matter what you're celebrating and a happy New Year. I will try and update the next chapter soon! Please enjoy and please comment just so I know what you think! I don't know anyone's thoughts :S And comments also really motivate me ;D

Anyway, I should really shut up now...just enjoy!

When we had stopped splashing each other we just talked for a while until I faintly heard the sound of my alarm go off. I walked up and saw it was time for me to make my way home so I could get ready to go to work.

“That’s my cue to leave,” I announced.

“So soon?” Carter asked from right behind me.

“Well yeah, I might have been fired from my afternoon job but I still have to go work in the restaurant.”

“But don’t you start there at like four?”

“Four thirty.”

“Exactly, so why are you leaving at one?”

“So I can get ready,” I said, leaning down. I rolled up my towel and shoved it in the bag. I quickly put my dress on, feeling seriously self conscious in front of him with only a bikini on and then stood to face him again. “I have to take a shower, dry my hair and then get my uniform. That’s going to take a long time.”

“I see,” he nodded, looking out at the clear sky and vast expanse of ocean.

“You know you’re free to stay right,” I said with a small smile.

He chuckled, “I know.”

“So why are you looking so longingly at the water?” I wondered.

“No reason, I should head back anyway. Brandon’s probably wondering where I am now.”

“Okay then, we can walk back together.” I turned to go and Carter joined me so we started walking down to the main beach.

“So, your friend...Brandon, is he interested in my friend?” I asked after a moment of silence.

“What, the other one with the dark hair?”

“Yeah Emily, does he like her?”

“Yeah, he thinks she’s hot,” he shrugged.

“Well, tell him to back off.”

I turned to look at him and saw a frown on his face. “Why?”

“Because she doesn’t like him, and she’s starting to get really irritated.”

“But he hasn’t even done anything to her!”

“Just the way he looks at her annoys her; thank God he hasn’t said anything. Somehow I don’t think anything he’d have to say to her would impress her all that much.”