Chapter 35

My parents were both absolutely livid. They had sent my brothers and sister away so we were standing in my dad's office on our own.

"What the hell were you thinking?" My mom screeched.

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes or show any kind of attitude. They were so angry they both looked like they were going to explode.

Rich people didn't deal with issues how I had just dealt with mine. We were supposed to be subtle, never incriminate ourselves in the process. But I had wanted everyone to know it was me.

"I did it to warn any future assholes who try to mess with me. Everyone in that audience thinks I'm a pushover, that I'll lay down and take things, but I showed them that I'll hit them where it hurts the most and when they least expect it. I'll have things on them and they won't even know it. People won't even dare to think about messing with me anymore," I told them.

"That does not excuse that little video! Do you have any idea how that reflects on us, on your father and his business?" She screamed, looking completely stressed out.

"Oh come on, none of the other people in there will care about my part in this. I put the focus on Derek and they will remember never to trust him. As for dad's business? Tonight will not have any repercussions for Dad. His business is way too valuable and everyone in that room knows that. There is no way they'll let this ordeal interfere with business. He had nothing to do with this. The only person who might pull out of business with Dad is Derek's father, and to be honest his dad is just as bad, so to be fair I've done you a favour."

"Wow so you think," my mom started to scream, but my dad placed a hand on her shoulder and she stopped.

"Calm down," he sighed.

Her mouth snapped shut and she took a step back from me. "She's right. This won't interfere with business and if Derek's father decides to severe ties with me then good riddance."

I frowned. "What?"

My dad raised one eyebrow. "You've clearly thought this through very well Samantha."

I was confused. I mean yes I had thought this out extensively and had made sure that the video would have no repercussions on my family, but I hadn't expected my parents to agree or realise so quickly. And in my dad's case, since he had worked it out so quickly, and knew that this wouldn't affect his business relations, I didn't get why he still looked so mad.

"Why are you as angry as mom then?"

"Because I don't get how you could have thought so long and hard about this for years, and never once thought in all that time to come to us to ask for our help. I'm angry because you took matters into your own hands and people have been mentally and emotionally abusing my daughter for years and getting away with it."

I didn't know what to say so I stayed silent.

"I'm angry," my dad continued and I noticed his shoulders tense underneath his shirt. "Because this has been going on for years and I never even noticed once. I'm angry because you never told me when you should have told me."

I could hear the hurt in his voice and I could see the way he was blaming himself through his eyes. I had never anticipated that angle of it. I mean obviously I knew I always had the option to tell my parents, but I didn't want to have them deal with my problems.

As I looked at my dad I started to reevaluate and question my strategy. I had never expected to see my dad so hurt over me not telling him, and none of this would have been worth it if he started questioning himself on whether or not he was a good father, because he was. He was an amazing dad.