Chapter 13

I hope you enjoy! :D Vote, comment, fan! Thank you so much if you've gotten this far! :P

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wasn’t late to work because Emily and Hannah woke me up. They said that they were still awake by the time we arrived half an hour later and Carter carried me into a bedroom to sleep. I was dead at work and I could barely stand so I took the duty of going out onto the beach in the morning and fell asleep on the soft sand while I was bathed in some intense heat.

I was thankfully more awake when it was noon but that didn’t stop Victoria from shouting at me because apparently I ‘took too long’.

“So how did you end up in Carter’s car?” Emily smirked.

“He offered me a ride home,” I shrugged.

“And you just agreed?” she raised her eyebrows.

“Not right away,” I replied, but they kept looking at me expectantly so I sighed. “Ugh fine, let me explain it to you properly.”

“Thank you,” Emily said sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes. “He gave me two options. Either he walks with me for a whole hour – though I’m guessing it would have probably taken longer – or I ride in his car for like twenty minutes. I decided that the car was better so that I wouldn’t have to spend as much time with him.”

“Yeah but if you walked you could have run away from him.”

“Yeah I thought about that too, but seriously, have you seen him. He could easily outrun me in a second, and if I know Carter I know he would eventually resort to just grabbing me and carrying me the rest of the way.”

“Well where’s the problem with that?” Hannah asked cheekily.

I could feel myself heat up at her comment. “No way! That is so wrong. He’s Carter...and I’m me which means that there is nothing there and anyway, it’s bad enough that I was even nice to him.”

“Why?” Hannah asked.

“Because he still hasn’t returned my stuff.”

“So what? He’s so damn gorgeous that it shouldn’t even matter,” Emily stated.

“I don’t care how hot he is, there is no-”

“Who’s hot?” I heard Carter ask from behind me. I froze and spun around to look at him.

“No one!” I declared.

“Well obviously someone is since you just said ‘I don’t care how hot he is’,” he smirked.

“Yeah, I was talking about Derek,” I said.

He raised an eyebrow, keeping composed. “Oh yeah, you seemed to be getting pretty close to him last night,” he pointed out.

I gave a short laugh. “That really isn’t any of your concern Carter.”

“Well where was he last night when you needed a ride home?”

I said casually, “With some girl in his pool house,” as I shrugged.

He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion but he didn’t say anything.

“Now, I’m going to presume you came here for something Carter. What is that?”

He paused for a moment. “I came here for ice cream,” he smiled.

“Only you?”

“No, Brandon is making his way over in a second.”

“Hey Sammie, can you come in the back please?” Emily asked, grabbing my arm and pulling me back without waiting for my reply.