Chapter 27

Hey guys, I would like to give a HUGE apology for the fact that I haven't updated in like forever! Life has been all over the place for the last two years. I have a week off and I have every intention of finishing it within this week as I will have no time after to write this.

Thank you guys for all the comments you've left!

This chapter isn't that great but I wanted to give you guys something. I hope you enjoy! Thank you for sticking with it. I hope you like it. Vote, comment, share!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emily was so pissed when we got back. I had apparently destroyed her plans by disappearing for hours with Carter. Her payback was to hold a house party in the beach house. Personally, I just thought she was using her anger as an excuse. She's the kind of person to do that.

She's also the kind of person to force me into a game of 'seven minutes in heaven' and glare at me when I protested because I had 'pissed her off'.

I was sitting down watching the bottle spin around. It landed on me. I glared at the guy who had spun it. He gave me a sheepish smile as Emily excitedly stood up and dragged me away into a room with the guy.

As soon as we were in there he awkwardly cleared his throat. It was dark in the closet. I switched the light on since I knew where it was.

"So, what's going to happen now?" the guy asked.

I crossed my arms over my chest. "Nothing," I told him. "We are just going to stand here for the next seven minutes and not do anything."

"Are you serious? That totally defeats the purpose of this game."

"What do you suggest?" I asked.

"Well," he said, taking a step closer. "I have a few ideas."

I put a hand on his chest. "You better stop there before I get my brother to punch you in the face."

He snorted, "Your brother?"

"Joey Mane," I told him.

He took a step back and the smirk fell off his face. My brother was notorious for his temper and his fists.

"You're Samatha Mane?"

"Pretty much."

"Cool, we'll stay here in silence then," he said. He leaned against the door.

It was quiet until Emily came in. She looked around and her face dropped when she saw that we weren't doing anything.

The guy quickly left the small room. I smiled with satisfaction as Emily glared at me and dragged me out. I laughed and she tugged on me harder.

"What did you say to him in order to successfully stop him from even kissing you?" she asked.

I shrugged. "I just told him Joey was here and he backed off."

"You are such an idiot."

"So are you, but you don't hear me complaining."

We walked past the kitchen and I saw Carter in the corner of my eye standing with Brandon and talking to some girl. I looked over at them to see that they were laughing. That was what I would much rather be doing than playing some silly game.

Emily sat me back down and I looked up in the air, begging God for some help.

"It's your turn Samantha," Emily told me.