Chapter 25

Carter's P.O.V

I watched as Brad (A.K.A Brandon) kissed his beloved Emily goodnight. I was waiting for them to finish, but they didn't look like they wanted to pull apart any time soon. I gave up on waiting around to say goodbye to Emily because I'd been through this whole process enough times to know they would be at it for quite a while.

Those two were completely insane. They both said they were in it for fun but it was obvious in the way that they looked at each other that they were both falling - hard. I tried to tell Brad that he was going in deep but he brushed me off, telling me it was just a bit of fun between them. He was right, it was just a bit of fun, and a whole lot of passion. The two continually teased and played around and messed with one another. Emily would always make him work for it, let him come close and then pull back before he could take it as far as he wanted. He would do the same to her and it would make the both of them go crazy.

Their arguments were epic too. They would argue a lot. It would have given me a headache but it was always to do with Samantha. Emily got so angry every time Brad insulted Samantha or made her feel uncomfortable. I rated her for defending her friend like that.

"So, I am totally fucked," Brad said as he walked through my bedroom door. We were rooming together.

"Why, what did you do now?" I asked with a bored tone. He always did something to mess up the night.

He gave me a sheepish smile. "I might or might not have called Samantha a bitch," he told me.

I cocked an eyebrow. "Really dude, how did you guys even get talking about her when you were both busy sticking your tongues down each others' throats?" I asked with disbelief.

He let out a frustrated sigh. "She said Samantha would be coming tomorrow afternoon to the beach and I was like 'that bitch?' and then she got all crazy on my ass for calling her friend a bitch."

I shrugged. "You had no right to call Samantha a bitch. She's never done anything to you."

"Maybe not to me, but she has totally fucked you up. I mean what kind of girl kisses a guy and then runs away?"

"You know she had her reasons," I told him. I wasn't going to get into this argument with him again.

"But she's still a bitch. She doesn't even care about you when you're always here moping around about her like some kind of sad pathetic puppy."

"She doesn't know that."

"Exactly, she doesn't even care."

I rolled my eyes. "She has her own life, her own problems and insecurities to deal with. Now end of conversation," I said firmly, turning my back to him to make my point.

He stayed silent for a while, leaving me to my thoughts. But my thoughts only consisted of Samantha and how I had totally messed up with her.

I was completely lost when it came to her. I had no idea what to do. She wasn't the same little girl who was my best friend and told me everything about her day. She wasn't that sweet innocent little girl who thought the best of everyone. She didn't trust me with all her wonderful secrets and stories.

She was still caring, she was still beautiful. She was still shy and self-conscious. She still made my heart beat like crazy, she still made me want to be near her and she still had this crazy mesmerizing affect on me. I could never pull my eyes off her when I saw her.

Whenever I could; I would make sure she was in my arms, like that night when she had come to my house and fell asleep watching the movie. I remember wrapping my arms around her, the way she snuggled into me and smiled with pure contentment and comfort. I had tried to stay awake so I could savor every moment.