𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎

The greatest gift is love

The greatest gift is love...but from love comes loss...

›»———————«‹

Hiccup woke up in the middle of the night because he was thirsty. He got off the bed and started walking towards the stairs. He grabbed his stuffed animal and hugged it to his chest before slowly starting down the steps.

When he was halfway up the stairs, he looked at his father near the fireplace while quietly sobbing. He looked at him with sadness and confusion, slowly he tried to return to his room but by accident he made a noise, causing Stoick to quickly turn back.

[Stoick]: Son..-He quickly wiped the tears from his eyes before looking at Hiccup again- You should be asleep...

[Hiccup]: I was thirsty..-He answered nervously as he hugged he stuffed animal tightly. Stoick looked at him for a few seconds before speaking-

[Stoick]: Well, come here..-He said with a smile as he extended his hand. Hiccup looked at him with a smile, put the teddy bear on a step before walking towards his father-

Stoick grabbed Hiccup by the waist and sat him on his lap. The two of them didn't say a word as they poured charcoal into the fireplace. But the silence was interrupted by Hiccup.

[Hiccup]: Dad..-He called him, making Stoick look at him- Are you gonna get us a new mom?..-He asked, making Stoick hug him and give him a kiss on the head-

[Stoick]: I don't want another. Your mom was the only woman for me..-He answered, directed he gaze towards the fire in the fireplace- She was the love of my life. But with love comes loss, son...it's part of the deal. Sometimes it hurts, but, in the end, it's all worth it..-He moved Hiccup to his other leg- There's no greater gift than love..And one day, you will find her..

[Hiccup]: I don't know..-He replied, Stoick looked at him with a smile and a laugh- I don't want to have a couple..

[Stoick]: You will see that one day you will fall in love..-He said with a smile- But always remember..when love comes into your life, loss also comes and you will have to bear the pain..

when love comes into your life, loss also comes and you will have to bear the pain