02| 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 14

████████████████████

[Eret]: Aster, don't do it! ..-Eret and the other riders ran towards him, looking at him with concern. Aster didn't look at them, he was just concentrating on (D/n) and with the thought of killing her- Aster, drop the weapon..

Aster didn't hear him, he was blinded by anger. The riders looked worried. Hiccup and Valka turned to them, looking confused.

The Bewilderbeast roared, calling out to the other dragons as it started to move away. All dragons, including those of the riders. (D/n) shook her head as her pupils contracted again, being controlled by the alpha just like Toothless. Aster noticed that, so she quickly ran towards her so she could kill her.

[Hiccup]: Aster no!...-Hiccup shouted, running quickly towards him. Eret and the riders tried to stop him but they couldn't, Aster was blinded by hatred and couldn't think of anything other than killing the dragon that murdered his sister- Aster!...

In the distance, Toothless's roars could be heard, calling (D/n). Aster was ready to kill (D/n), but at the last moment he was stopped by Hiccup as (D/n) flew away. Drago smiles in victory, Toothless tried to fly but couldn't while (D/n) waited for him.

[Aster]: Let me go, Hiccup! ..-He yelled, but Hiccup hugged him with more strength-

[Hiccup]: You have to calm down..

[Aster]: How do you want me to calm down when my sister has been killed by that dragon! ..-Hiccup gasps silently, he couldn't believe it, he had lost two people he loved-

The two turned around, seeing how Eret was approaching with (Y/n)'s body in his arms. All the riders lowered their heads sadly, they had lost two people in this battle.

[Drago]: Come on!...-Everyone saw how Drago was on top of Toothless, and next to them was (D/n)- Gather the men and meet me at Berk!...

The Bewilderbeast and the dragons began to move away, while the hunters got on the boats. Aster sobbed softly, his heart was breaking and he blamed himself for not taking care of his sister.

...

The sun hid between the clouds, and the darkness was present. On a ship, Stoick's body was covered by a white blanket. Aster and Hiccup carefully left (Y/n)'s body next to Stoick. The tears did not take long to come out in all, it was a dreary moment.

Between the two of them, they pushed the boat. And they saw how he walked away with the two people they both loved, their families. Aster sobbed silently while Hiccup was silent, but with tears running down his cheeks.

[Gobber]: May the Valkyries welcome them.. and lead them through Odin's great battlefield...- Said Gobber, grabbing two arrows, and a bow- May they sing their name with love and fury, so that we might hear it rise from the depths of Valhalla. And know that you two have taken your rightful place at the table of kings..-He gives Aster the bow and arrow while he gives Hiccup the other arrow-

[Gobber]: For two great people have fallen. A warrior. A chieftain. To father. A friend...- Hiccup looked at the arch sadly, seeing the decorations he had, made by (Y/n)- A sister. A friend. A fiancée..-Aster closed his eyes, clenching his hands into fists- 

Hiccup and Aster moved the arrows closer to the fire, igniting them. The two of them take a deep breath before shooting the arrows towards the ship, tears still flowing non-stop. Gobber and Valka look at each other sadly, they and the riders also shot fire arrows, starting to light the ship.

[Hiccup]: I'm sorry...-Aster looks at him, while the others cried in silence- I'm not the chief that you wanted me to be. And I'm not the peacekeeper I thought I was, (Y/n). I don't know...

Aster put the bow down before walking away from Hiccup. Valka looked at her son with tears, but approached him as she strokes his hair.

[Valka]: You came early into his world. You were such a wee thing. I am frail, I am fragile. I feared you wouldn't make it... -The two looked at the burning ship, which was already far away- But your father... he never doubted. He always said you would become the strongest of them all. And he was right. And I have no doubt that (Y/n) thought the same. You have the heart of a chief and a soul of a dragon. Only you can bring our worlds together. That... is who you are, son...

Hiccup listens to his mother in complete silence, looking down. His breathing was broken by sobs.

~~~~

[Hiccup]: Are you still making decorations on your bow?....-He asks, (Y/n) nods without looking at him-

[Y/n]: Yes, only the decoration is missing. This bow is functional..-She shows him, stretching the string of the weapon. Hiccup nods firmly-

[Hiccup]: It's is great. You are very intelligent, my lady...-(Y/n) she lowers her gaze with a small blush-

[Y/n]: Thanks for the compliment...

~~~~

[Hiccup]: I was so afraid of becoming my dad. Mostly because I thought I never could. H-How do you become someone that great? That brave? That selfless?.... I guess you can only try..

His expression changed to a determined, steady look. He had to defend Berk, he had to be the boss that he was now. He turned to the others, displaying a firm aura.

[Hiccup]: A chief protects his own...-He looks at everyone firmly- We are going back..

[Tuffnut]: With what?..

[Ruffnut]: He took all the dragons..

[Hiccup]: Not all of them..-He said, smiling sideways. Everyone looks confused except Valka, who nods with a smile- We're all going to the shelter...

They all ran towards the shelter, but Hiccup stopped when he saw that Aster didn't move. He kept looking at the ship, already consumed by the flames. Hiccup looks at him with a sad expression before walking towards him.

[Hiccup]: Aster?...-The Hofferson didn't say anything, he was just silent- Look, I totally understand but... we have to protect Berk and our people...

[Aster]: If I had stopped her...?... She would still be alive?...-He wondered aloud, looking at Hiccup with his crystallized eyes- What am I going to tell our parents?...

[Hiccup]: Aster... don't blame yourself for this. When we defeat Drago and save our dragons, we're going to discuss this topic with everyone...-Hiccup places his hand on Aster's shoulder, who nods silently- Okay, let's go...

To be continued...