Chapter 2

• • •

• • •

Machae was just finishing her snack on the drunk men at the back of the alley when a voice interrupted her.

"Hey mysterious lady." He greeted Machae.

"Marcel." Machae greeted back.

"Are you going to tell me your name now?" he asked Machae.

"Have you asked out the pretty blonde?" Machae asked back, smirking.

He shook his head, smiling. "I've tried, but she doesn't seem interested."

"Then make her interested." Machae countered back.

He chuckled at her response. "I'll try my best. But can you at least tell me your name now, you know, as a sign of good faith?"

Machae lowly chuckled. "Natalia Antonette."

"Beautiful name for a beautiful lady." He complimented.

"You can use that for Camille." She teased.

"I will." He smiled back. "I have to ask N, why do I get the vibe there's more to you than a normal vampire?"

"Maybe I'm not a normal vampire. Maybe I am. What makes you think that?" she teased.

He chuckled. "I can sense your power, it is stronger than we are."

"It means don't mess with me, Marcel." She smirked.

He laughed at her remark, but shook his head nevertheless. "If it's not obvious enough from your posh accents, I can tell you and your friend are new faces. I know everybody in my city. What brings you here to New Orleans?" he asked.

"Yesterday, a witch Jane-Anne was supposed to meet me here. But she never showed up. She promised me something. I am just here to collect." Machae answered.

Hearing this, Marcel thought what a coincidence, he was just about to go visit her body. "You want to see Jane-Anne? Why don't you come with me?" he invited her.

"Sure." She smiled and grabbed her vodka bottle she brought with her, ready to follow Marcel.

"Forgetting someone are
you?" Iz appeared from behind Marcel. Iz gave Machae a look 'we'll talk about this later' before facing Marcel and exchanging names. Off they went with Marcel.

 Off they went with Marcel