Chapter 9

^^ imagine the dress black

• • •

The Masquerade Gala as in full swing

The Masquerade Gala as in full swing. The place was filled with vampires, people swinging around doing acrobatics, dancers handle exotic animals, and confetti falls glittering upon the party guests, truly filling the Great Gatsby fantasy.

Machae came in early since she was Marcel's date. She approached him while he was talking to one of his men in the second floor.

"You clean up better than this morning." She teased, announcing her presence.

Marcel turned around at the sound of her voice. "Thanks to you, I guess. It suits me better than the others." He smiled. "You're smoking hot yourself, Nat."

"I know." She winked jokingly.

He just laughed in response. They chatted a few minutes before they noticed the Mikaelson siblings arrived.

Rebekah and Klaus entered the party, arm in arm, taking in the dark, wild atmosphere. Klaus was wearing a black suit with a black dress shirt and tie, and Rebekah was dressed in a matching black peplum cocktail dress and a hairpiece with black feathers and beads.

Machae sucked in a sharp breath staring at Klaus. With all the plan distracting her, she forgot this was an actual gala.

She had only saw Klaus attending parties twice: the Mikaelson's ball and her kingdom ball. The last time Machae saw Klaus in a tux was when he was with her in Edinburgh. Was it even possible for someone to look hotter every time she saw him?

Her heart was beating erratically just by looking at him. She cursed herself. He hadn't even seen her yet. That tux certainly fit him well. Too well.

Tingles and unwanted feelings resurfaced as she was taking in his appearance. She scolded herself for checking him out when not-so PG-13 images of Klaus flashed through her mind.

Beside her, Marcel looked at Machae interested. He knew Klaus was whipped by her, but he didn't know Machae felt the same way. "I thought you said you and him aren't together." He said teasingly.