Chapter 19

• • •

• • •

The morning came quickly after a long exhausting sleep. The two snuggled, wrapped around each other. Natalia's head on Niklaus' chest with his arms were around her securely. Last night was the most content sleep the two ever had in a long time.

Natalia woke up, feeling something wrapped her in a secure warm embrace. Unconsciously, she snuggled closer. It felt so comfortable. Opening her eyes, she saw a peaceful looking Nik. She smiled at the sight. He truly is handsome. How she truly missed being this close to him.

"I can feel your staring, love." He had that cheeky smile on him, making the dark hair female smiled back. "I like to admire appealing view."

The Original hybrid chuckled, his chest vibrated under her head before opening his eyes. "Good morning, beautiful."

She chuckled at the nickname, raising her eyebrow. "Good morning, handsome."

God, his eyes were truly beautiful. Sea blue, deep ocean, she could get lost in them forever. It had been a while since she was this close to him. Being able to stare at him up close, where she could touch his sharp jawline, the soft beard he grew and that pink plump lips. But most of all, his stormy blue eyes never fail to captivate her.

Niklaus, himself, still couldn't believe to wake up with Natalia by his side. He had longed for this to happen for a long time. Waking up to see her beautiful face beside him, he couldn't help but mesmerize the dark hair beauty. Her bold eyes - brown today, though her electric blue was also hypnotising, soft skin and that red full kissable lips. "How are you feeling, love?" he brushed her hair to the side.

She smiled at him. God, that smile. "I'm good as new. Thanks to you."

"How did you sleep?" she asked him.

Though he hesitated for a second, he answered without missing a beat. "With you being here with me, perfect." He flashed her a cheeky grin, winked at her.

She chuckled in response. "I'd give it an 8 for the effort."

"What effort, love?"

"You may be able to fool anyone, Nik, but I thought you know it is very hard to get pass me." she smirked.

He chuckled. "Do I succeed though?"

She raised her eyebrow at him, in a way: 'What do you think?', making the Original hybrid response. "Worth a try."

She sat up a little, leaning her hand to the bed so that she could face him entirely. "What troubles you, Nik?" she asked softly yet with a serious, concern tone. Niklaus sat up, leaning his head on the headboard with Natalia in front of him, one hand at her side while the other was on the bed on other side of his leg, staring at him, expecting an answer.

Instead of answering, the male just smiled, staring at her like in a trance, making her confused. "What?"

"Nothing. It's just it's refreshing to hear you call me Nik again." She rolled her eyes but had a small smile on her face. "Don't change the subject. It won't work."