Chapter 8

• • •

• • •

It's later in that day, after Klaus filled her in on what's new, Machae joined Sophie, Rebekah and Klaus talking in the mansion study.

Sophie looked flabbergasted when Machae arrived. She didn't expect her to be here. "What are you doing here?"

Machae who obviously aware of the girl's shock passed no chance to rub it in her face. "I just couldn't resist any chance of meeting my current 'twin'." She sassed.

"And because I have a question for you." Machae added as she took the only seat available. Unfortunately for her, next to Klaus.

Klaus clearly set this up and didn't even bother to hide his pleased smile.

"But I'll save my question for later. After we finished dealing with the more pressing matter." Machae smiled sarcastically at her.

The three then proceeded to tell Sophie about their plan for tonight and what they demanded of her.

Sophie looked at them like they'd grown 3 heads. "Are you out of your mind? No way."

"It's very simple-- We need you to perform a teeny, tiny locator spell to help us find our brother." Rebekah shrugged.

Sophie scoffed. "Witches who practice magic in this town get caught, and then they get killed." She said like she was spelling them letter by letter.

"Yes, about that. It seems you left out a crucial detail when we made our deal-" Klaus sassed, clearly pissed off at the witch but couldn't do anything to harm her that wouldn't harm his baby.

Machae noticed this, so she took over and continued his sentence. "Marcel's secret weapon, the way he knows when a witch is using magic..."

"Girl about yea high, cute as a button, anger issues?" Rebekah sassed.

Sophie looked shocked when she realized who they're talking about. "Davina?" She asked. But Machae being the observant she was, saw through Sophie's eyes and found fear. She assumed of Sophie's awareness of Davina's power suppressed her, while the truth was there was more than that. "Where have you seen her?"

"I don't know. The little brat erased my memory right after she threw me out a window with her bloody mind." Rebekah grumbled, still pissed off.

Klaus was impatient about the whole deal decided to he had enough. "Let me cut to the chase. Davina has Elijah. You witches, I assume, want to get Davina away from Marcel. We don't know where she is. Ergo, we need magic." He elaborated.

Sophie shook her head. "Davina would sense it." she countered back.

"Unless, of course, another witch" Machae jumped in. "—- say, a traitor to the cause, Katie for example—- was to perform much more powerful magic at the same time. That would create a smokescreen, concealing your very small spell from Davina." she smirked.