Chapter 6

• • •

• • •

We arrived at a bar at the festive Bourbon street. Drinks in our hands as we waited one another to start the conversation.

"You have a change of heart." He started.

"What do you mean?"

"I know you were gonna make him fall for you to help you with your witch case, love."

"That was before I know he is your Marcellus." I snapped. "I wouldn't do that to both of you." I said quietly, looking down. He knew I was referring to Bekah and himself as Marcel was her lover and his son.

He looked away like what I said was troubling him. "Mae, I need to know what the witches promised you and what do you have to do in return." He looked at me in all seriousness.

"Maybe I'll tell you if you tell me where Elijah is." I tried to bargain.

"I'm sorry, love. I can't do that."

"Well, no deal for you." I smiled sarcastically.

"Tell me now, Mae."

I scoffed. "I told you last night. It's none of your damn busi – "

"Damn it, Mae! I'm trying to help you here. I don't want you to get in the crossfire between me and him." he snapped.

"I know you know what my plan is for him." he started as I butted in. "Yea, how original." I sassed, giving him a pointed look as he and I both knew he did what I did to the Croft.

He rolled his eyes but nevertheless continued. "I need to know yours. I need to know if we are on opposite sides."

"Because...I want you by my side." He stared at me intently. "Together."

A heavy guilt and dilemma baggage smacked me in the face when he said that. Here I was thinking I was competing him when he just asked me to help him take down the very person I wanted to get close with.

I sighed knowing I couldn't hide this any longer to him. "Jane-Anne Deveraux somehow found me when I was in hiding a few days ago. The bitch linked us using her family spell, one that I can't break with my power. I obviously didn't notice, I wasn't very...aware at the time. Given my history of dismantling empires, she offered me information about Shadow Knight pack in exchange for me to take down Marcel."

"And given your history with witches, you'd rather side with Marcel and strike the witches instead." I nodded.

"When she died, her link was passed down to Sophie since she is her only bloodline. But even though I'm linked with Sophie, I'm not linked to your baby mama. Whatever Sophie feels, I feel. But whatever happens to me, only happens to Sophie. Your baby mama is not included in any of this, unless it comes from Sophie." I explained as Klaus rolled his eyes at the nickname I gave to Hayley.