Chapter 16

• • •

• • •

Dozens of vampires had congregated in the courtyard of the compound, where they all talked amongst themselves and drink. After all, tonight was a special night.

Natalia was on the second floor watching them from above. She was in terrible mood after running around the compound trying to find either the missing Hayley or Marcel with no luck. Furious was an understatement.

She left them a million voice calls all went to voice mail. The only chance she found Marcel was here when she knew he hosted this Fight Night every week for his vampires to prove their fighting skills to earn a daylight ring.

Technically, she was supposed to be here seeing as she was their trainer after all. But tonight, she had other mission, she was waiting for the others to come.

After a moment, as expected Marcel appears on the balcony to properly opened his event. "Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Fight Night!" he shouted as the vampires below him cheered.

"And, the first rule of Fight Night is: the vampire left standing at the end of the night is one step closer to the inner circle, and one of these—" He held up the hand on which he wore his ring. Natalia rolled her eyes, in her reign, all her vampires were given their daylight ring. She knew it was bad enough living as a vampire suck when you weren't given the choice, like her, they didn't need to be slave of the night too. "-- a daylight ring. If you can impress me with a little ultra-violence, you too can enjoy the warmth of the sun on your face. All you got to do is kick a little ass. Here we go!"

All the vampires form a circle as they waited for the announcement of the first fighters. "Our first two contenders: Felicia and Otto!" Marcel announced.

Natalia observed the two. From her time training them, she learnt a lot about Marcel's vampires, their skills, personality and whatnot. Felicia was a fast learner and very determined too. She had a fairly good fighting technique, while Otto was more laid back, he relied more on his strength rather than his technique. Though both of them still didn't match her vampires she trained in her kingdom, actually none of them did.

Felicia and Otto fought while the rest of the vampires cheered them on. It began when Otto punched Felicia from behind but she fought back leaning to the skills she learnt. She even used the one Natalia taught her yesterday when she spinned jumped and strike him. Though at one point, it appeared that Otto had the upper-hand, but ultimately Felicia won the fight by wrapping her legs around his neck and twisting her hips to snap his neck.

"Damn, girl! Not bad!" Marcel complimented, smiling satisfied. Natalia felt the presence of her companions had arrived and smiled to herself.

Suddenly, Klaus and Elijah entered the courtyard. Klaus sped behind Felicia and snapped her neck. The whole room went silent. Though, they only noticed Klaus' presence only.