Chapter 18

• • •

• • •

Marcel and Tyler had gathered a meeting with the vampire community in the bar room of the compound.

"All right, I'm here. Let's do this." Marcel sauntered in to his vampire crowd.

"Where's Nat?" Diego looked around, thought she was with Marcel.

Marcel looked away guiltily for a moment before answering. "We're not bringing her into this."

"I'll keep this simple. This kid is an old enemy of your favourite person Klaus. And he's got plenty to say about what that traitor son-of-a-bitch has been up to behind my back. Now, for those of you faint of heart, there's the door. Because those who stick around, you're signing up for battle." Marcel exclaimed. When no one left the room, Marcel nodded proudly at the group before gesturing to Tyler to speak.

"You all know Klaus wasn't always the hybrid. When he broke the curse that kept his werewolf side dormant, somewhere in all that, certain parts were now able to trump his vampire side. Like the ability to pass on the werewolf gene. That's where the werewolf girl he's been hiding from you all comes in. She rode through my town, pretended to be my friend, and then end up hooking up with him. Now, she's pregnant with his kid."

Diego looked around in disbelief. "What the hell is this?"

"Just listen." Marcel snapped.

"When Klaus became the hybrid, he figured out a way to turn full-bred werewolves into creatures like him." He raised his hand. "You're looking at one of them. On the plus side, we had all the perks of being vampires. We're stronger, faster. And, the toxins in our bites could still kill a vampire. But on the downside, we were loyal to him. Like, supernaturally loyal."

"Right, and that's why you're here, spilling all his secrets?" Diego sassed, clearly impatient for Tyler to get to the point.

"That's the point, Diego. He figured out a way to break free of it." Marcel defended the boy.

"And I helped the rest of them too. Then Klaus killed them for their betrayal." Tyler was momentarily distracted from his speech when Rebekah walked into the room.

"Because that is what Klaus does." Tyler gave her a look. "Don't mind me, I'm fascinated by this story. Hello, Tyler."

"Rebekah. Long time no see." Tyler greeted back, wary of what the Original heard his plan.

"What Tyler was about to tell you is that my brother can use his baby's blood to sire more hybrids. What you will all figure out is that vampires don't stand a chance. So, Tyler, I assume you were trying to rally this lot into making sure the baby isn't born?"

"Yeah. You don't like it? Go on and take your brother's side. But you know I'm right." Tyler challenged.

"I believe you've mistaken the ladies' intentions." Marcel defended his lover.