Chapter 10

• • •

• • •

The morning had been busy for Natalia. She had paid the witches a visit with her night boy toy to retrieve the folder.

Nothing worked wonders with humans using the power of flirting.

She entered the bar and greeted Cami with a smile.

"Hey darling." She smiled warmly at the bartender.

"Hey Nat." She returned the smile. "What can I get you?"

"A glass of bourbon would do. Thank you, darling."

She nodded and left.

Her thoughts trained of thoughts continued as she dazed off the reality.

She smiled in pleased as she held the folder in her hands after she had forced Sophie to remove all the herbs on it - the latter had no choice but to oblige when Natalia threatened to kill the entire coven and she knew how true her threat was.

Natalia only brought her boy toy to the cemetery for insurance. She had him stole the folder and kept it in his hands until the herbs were removed.

Sophie looked at her pleadingly. "Please, don't do anything about it."

Natalia looked at her incredulously. "You brought me here using this and now you ask me not to do anything about this?"

Sophie shook her head frantically. "You don't understand." Her voice panicked. "The more you lose control, the more you let darkness consumes you."

Natalia froze at Sophie's words. She furrowed her eyebrows at thinking how right she was. On both episodes that she let out, she did feel the strange pull. Enticing, alluring, overall very tempting.

"Tell me everything." She demanded.

Sophie then proceeded explaining to her about herself. Apparently, the urge to use the power more and more every time she used it was the darkness - her darkest self.

Like when she delved into Rebekah's mind, she did have the urge to go further with her power - that's the darkness pulling - but she resisted.

Sophie told her that she might be able to resist now. But the more often she used her power or if she had another episode, the harder for her to say 'no' and eventually she would give in. But by then, it would be too late for anyone to pull her out of it.

If it came to that point, she would be a danger. Not only to New Orleans, but to wherever she went.

That's why Sophie really plead her not to do anything rush. Even if Natalia wanted to have her revenge, she pleaded her not to use her power, just did it as a pure vampire.

"How do you know all this, Sophie?"

Sophie was hesitant, but she knew she couldn't hide this forever from her. So, she reluctantly pulled out an old leather journal and handed it to Natalia.