Chapter 4

• • •

• • •

The next day came uneventful for  Machae at least for now. After last night's event, Iz confronted Machae about what happened and 'who's that hot guy?' before she took off to the airport.

So, Machae had no choice but to tell her it was the Klaus Mikaelson. Kol and Elijah's brother, the guy she avoided, the guy who had her heart.

Iz, who was sipping her drink, choked when Machae told her. She knew the two certainly had history, she just didn't expect him to be the Klaus Mikaelson, the guy Machae thought the world of – no matter how many times she denied it. 'Damn, he's hot! Now I see why you can't get him out of your mind! And frankly, him heads over heels for you, if you can't see it already.' She sassed, while Machae just rolled her eyes. 'Though Elijah's still hotter.'

Machae's mind was even more jumbled up than before. But eventually she was able to sleep...dreaming about Klaus. At least at first, until it turned into her usual PTSD nightmare.

Klaus was no better. After encountering Machae like that in that bar, he went home and had a cold shower, slept dreaming about her.

Meanwhile in the Mikaelson Mansion, also known as the Plantation, Hayley and Elijah were seen in one of the unused rooms.

Hayley pulled a sheet off of a crib, coughing because of the dust.

Elijah approached her from the door frame. "Are you alright?" he asked concerned.

"Just dust. This place is ancient." She scrunched up her face, looking at the place.

"Yes, it should serve our purposes. It's a sanctuary from our business in the Quarter." He defended. "Right now, you are the most important person in this family. You need a good home. So I'm curious... in all this time, has anyone asked you how you feel?" he asked coming closer to Hayley.

"About having a miracle baby with a psychotic one-night-stand?" she sassed.

"About being a mother."

Hayley seemed startled by the sudden attention from the Original vampire. After their talk yesterday, she couldn't deny the admiration she had towards him. "I – I was abandoned when I was born and my adoptive parents kicked me out the second that I turned into a wolf. So... I don't really know how I feel about being a mother because I... I never really had a good one." She confessed.

"I will always protect you. You have my word on that." Elijah promised in seriousness, staring directly to Hayley's eyes letting her knew he meant every word.

Their little moment ended when Klaus appeared by the door frame. "And noble Elijah always keeps his word." He teased.

"Is it done?" Elijah asked him.

"As a matter of fact, yes. Your underhanded deal worked quite well. Marcel was only too happy to accept my blood even as he accepted my heartfelt apologies. His man, Thierry, yet lives and I remain a welcome guest in the French Quarter. My only concern now is this coven of impudent witches."